Door Sill Removal!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Hope everyone's having a good crimbo.

Right, ive started to repair the s3 and last week i tried fitting my new front wing but i got stuck with one bolt in the engine bay, going to have to drill it but anyway, took all the inner wheel arch off, all the bolts in their etc then i began to remove all the screws under the car that holds the side skirt on, did that, went to come remove it and was stuck.

Now i sat scratching my head until i realised the side skirt is connected to the door sill that has the s3 plates on inside the car.

How the hell do these come off, spoke to HTC but hes out of the country, says someone with ETKA would be able to help.

Cheers for reading lads.

Usuualy stuck on mostly with double sided tape mate, need some effort to get a corner of then slowly with something flat move along trying not to bend/dent the sill itself, the tape is blood good as had same problem with a few parts on audis over the years, especially my A3 sills, damn stuck on well lol, might also have some small plastic clips to hold in place as locators, but mainly its the tape.

Ok going to attempt this again tomorrow.

Had a quick look again tonight and it seems i need to remove the rear quarter door fin these just slide out dont they?

Also are the door sills just held on by double sided tape?

TBH mate I would need to check elsawin as havnt had her in 2 years now so cant recall fully, cant check atm as elsa not installed here, will try & check later but dont hold me to it atm please as just got back to UK after 6 months away

Cool, no worries mate, thanks for the help.

Links arnt currently working, seems b***ocks about site been busy, they just want my money tobe a premium user :no:

If you can send me your email on a pm, I can send you the files
:blackrs4: