1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door seals--again

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by johnmv55, Oct 4, 2005.

1. johnmv55

johnmv55 Member

[Oct 4, 2005]
    After putting my A3 in twice in one week for squeeky door/window seals, can any body tell me for sure if it is the door to car seal or the window
    seals that makes the noise? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Oct 4, 2005]
    It's the window chattering against the seal
  4. miketweed

miketweed Member

[Oct 5, 2005]
    I had something similar to that on my A3 (and a MK4 golf). It too sounded like it was coming from the upper door / window area.

Both times it was due to a poorly adjusted door catch fixing (the bit atached to the B pillar). I had the golf taken in especially for it - they fixed it straight away. Just lifted the door a little when it was closed.

The A3 I mentioned it at 1st service and they fixed it too via adjustment.
  5. johnmv55

johnmv55 Member

[Oct 5, 2005]
    Thanks for that, they have had the car twice now, once for service, and could'nt find the squeeky door seals, noisy rear shocks, or poor idle, I demonstrated to them the noisy rear shocks, took the spark plugs out myself and got them to supply new one's ( thats a common fault sir was they're reply to inspecting the plugs, so why didn't you check them?) the door seals they have lubed more times than I can remember, I have now noticed they have damaged a rear wheel during the shock change, I have an appointment thursday with the service manager, I will NEVER buy another new Audi from them, mind you, the Audi bit is doubtfull too at present, I just wish the piece of S*** would self ignite or something similar, I have been driving for 30plus years, never has a car/dealer given me this much trouble, in fact all the cars/dealers in the last 30 years added together haven't been this much trouble.
  6. imported_ANNANBHOY

imported_ANNANBHOY Guest

[Oct 6, 2005]
    you have the same problems as me mate !

its a fecking nightmare at times !
  7. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[Oct 6, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I just wish the piece of S*** would self ignite or something similar

[/ QUOTE ]

Man,do I know how you feel !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  8. miketweed

miketweed Member

[Oct 7, 2005]
    Maybe we could have a GB (group burn)?

Like a stonehenge circle of burning audi's?

Cool.

All under warranty of course...
  9. johnmv55

johnmv55 Member

[Oct 8, 2005]
    3rd visit now, this time an Audi supertech? or whatever took the car in the workshop for 1 1/2 hours, still noisey, reckon they will get the wheel repaired so I can't tell, the difference between me telling or not is the difference between me buying my next Audi (IF I do) from them or elsewhere, I must admit I like Audi BUT I am looking elsewhere now, just totally p****d off with it, I wish I had never bought this car, A Ford Focus IS a better car.