1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door pull interior lights?

rhys084 Aug 1, 2014

1. rhys084

rhys084 Member

Has anyone upgraded the little red glow light by the door pull?

It's a nice touch but could do with being a bit brighter for my liking.

2. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Think T8ups or Scott-D3 are the men to speak to there :)

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

Strip the door card.
    Remove the LED and upgrade it to something a little bit brighter.

That's the only way I think.

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

If you do this I'd be interested to see how you get on.

5. rhys084

rhys084 Member

I had a little look behind the card today. It is an LED, there seemed to be some confusion as to whether it was a bulb or LED. The part number is 4B0919063A.

There doesn't seem to be a "plug and play" upgrade available, so I'll probably leave it as is. The benefit of cutting wires, soldering, finding a suitable replacement, messing about with resistors, etc isn't worth the hassle for having a slightly brighter glow.

6. antowens

antowens Car Nut Regional Rep

It is a little LED and to be honest the light that comes from it is pathetic i have done it on my A4 and unless its pitch black you wont notice it

I don't think there is an upgrade for it i have been looking and i asked EM Tuning who i think is working on it dont quote me though