Door locking

itsmeagain

1.8T Sport Cabriolet
Reaction score
My drivers door will not lock when I use the remote, it locks everything else apart from that. But it works when I use the key. Any ideas what's the problem??????

I discovered last night that mine is doing the same thing!!! The remote locks/unlocks all the other doors but the driver's one can only be locked and/or unlocked by using the key in the lock.

I'm hoping some WD-40 to somewhere readily accessible will do the trick but not holding my breath...

Given works with key, check the loom going into the door for any damage, as it may not be getting the signal to lock or unlock.

as above
very comon problem

again as above

but also check all the pins in the connecting plug mine had all corroded and snepped off!!

I've had this too, let us know if you find out the cause. cheers

I have this too, and now it's also happening on the passenger side as well. The passenger lock is more painful as I have to use the key and push it into a slot when the door is opened. I must check wiring looms before I go and buy new locks.

Gonna have another look at the loom running thru the door, I did check this before but couldn't see anything faulty.

Gonna have another look at the loom running thru the door, I did check this before but couldn't see anything faulty.
you need to have a very close look
they sometimes look connected
give the wires a tug 1 by 1 if 1 is broken you will find it that way