1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door locking

itsmeagain Aug 29, 2011

1. itsmeagain

itsmeagain 1.8T Sport Cabriolet

My drivers door will not lock when I use the remote, it locks everything else apart from that. But it works when I use the key. Any ideas what's the problem??????

2. captain_beaky

captain_beaky New Member

I discovered last night that mine is doing the same thing!!! The remote locks/unlocks all the other doors but the driver's one can only be locked and/or unlocked by using the key in the lock.

I'm hoping some WD-40 to somewhere readily accessible will do the trick but not holding my breath...

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Given works with key, check the loom going into the door for any damage, as it may not be getting the signal to lock or unlock.

4. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

as above
    very comon problem

5. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

again as above

but also check all the pins in the connecting plug mine had all corroded and snepped off!!

6. davetherave

davetherave New Member

I've had this too, let us know if you find out the cause. cheers

7. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

I have this too, and now it's also happening on the passenger side as well. The passenger lock is more painful as I have to use the key and push it into a slot when the door is opened. I must check wiring looms before I go and buy new locks.

8. itsmeagain

itsmeagain 1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Gonna have another look at the loom running thru the door, I did check this before but couldn't see anything faulty.

9. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

you need to have a very close look
    they sometimes look connected
    give the wires a tug 1 by 1 if 1 is broken you will find it that way