1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door Latch Problems!!!!

jondana Feb 17, 2004

1. jondana

jondana New Member

Has anyone else had these kind of problems:

My drivers door always thinks it is open, even if I slam it hard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The stupid ding ding of the door being open is driving me nuts!!! What is worse is the window on the same side goes up and then hits a sopt about an inch from the top and then goes down, like my hand or something is in its way. The repair place said I need a new door latch, because the sensor is in there. Any comments???

I bought the first 2000 TT Quattro in the San Francisco bay area and I think I am paying dearly for it!

2. chimmo

chimmo Member

I had an identical problem on my A3 2001 TQ. It drove me nuts whilst it was happening, the interior lights were on (until I turned them off) and the lights on the doors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif aswell as the info on the DIS.

Fortunately I wasn't far from the dealers and they managed to sort the problem tempoarily whilst they ordered a new door latch mechanism.

I'm afraid I can't tell you more than that in terms of fixing the problem. I'm sure others may be able to provide more info...

Ben