Door handle lights

*Müllërz

REVOlutionary
Reaction score
Hi all
Not one that comes up much and dont know if any one can help but here goes
On the interior door handles on cars with the light pack there is a red light to show the handles, this is positioned awkwardly at the top inside the grooved plastic
the see throught plastic is broken on one of mine the light is ok but is effecting the way the light shines on the handle compared to the rest

Basically there is no light reflecting on the handle...i thought if the plastic was broken it would be brighter but seems its the opposite

Does any one know if i can get access to that bit without removing the whole door card

Will post some pics tomorow

i think you have to remove the door card mate , take a look through robin's puddle light retro fit thread he has got a thread about these it might say in there about them

you need to remove the door card, then unscrew the plastics around the handle. the see-through plastic is there but its hooked onto the top of the plastic handle surround in a cut out hole.
aa_autos (jag) done this the other day when he was transferring the interior lights over to his new door cars.

I did not want to take the whole door card off but oh well
Can you oder the see thru plastic on its own?

thik you will have to buy the full handle

part no any one?
as long as i dont have to get the whole door card
try scrapers too
So is it removed from the back once the door card is removed?

Is it broken or has it just become dislodged as this is a common issue & door card has to come of.

Its called fibre optic conductor & its available seperately.

Its called fibre optic conductor & its available seperately.

what you mean? what is called fibre optic conductor? and what avail seperate the clear plastc or handle section?
the light shines thru, i can see the red light and when feeling it, it seems there is a crack/hole in the plastic

Ok there is an led inserted into a clear rectangular part known by audi as the fibre optic conductor, the rectangular part is pushed into a locating hole above the door handle but part of the door handle assembly, this sometimes becomes dislodged, so its wise to remove door card & see if this has happened, therefore saving you the cost.

Is there anything you dont know nige?
I will remove the door card on the weekend and take it from there, wish you could just take the handle section out.
Out of interest would i be able to change the colour of the light? thinking going xenon

Quite a bit I dont know tbh mate, everydays a school day, learning is what makes me tick :)

Its an led so xenons arent even a thought tbh, you could mod to fit a different colour, but red is subtle & soothing, certainly anything is possible.

Quite a bit I dont know tbh mate, everydays a school day, learning is what makes me tick
Tell me about it walked into work and got given 30 pages of new health authority business rules to implement into code...arrgh
Your learning and sharing with us all is why we all love u nigel
Other than red i dont think anything else would suit, idea was xenons maybe brighter. just a thought
here some pics even though theyre no good

j5cc4p.jpg

2cd9und.jpg
2ahic0g.jpg