Door electrics

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Need to find the part number or etka illustration number of the electric module of the drivers door (presume it's some sort of switch).

The fault I have is that the open door indicator does not show up on the dis, puddle light is not on, and no beep if you open the door with the lights on.

all other doors are fine and I know it can be a common fault.

Theres not actually much electronics in there.

It sounds like the microswitch in the door lock has failed. Your lucky too as they usually fail open!

Yep, I feel so lucky I keep finding knacked parts of the car:lmfao: Just found out this evening that a rear spring is snapped so it's going to be shocks & springs all round + a new micro switch (wonder if it's the same on the the one from my 1996 model?)

Got the bilstein B4 shocks, and now the springs are on order, got them from eurocarparts using the current 30% discount code

Anyone who has not found this out yet it's SERVICE30 for the discount code.

Well if it failed open, the alarm doesnt arm, DIS constantly displays door open and the interior lights stay on...

From what i can see, it comes as part of the lock, which is unfortunate.

The part is common to all cars back to chassis year V (1997 model year) If your car is a late '96 it may be compatible.

You may find that even if your car is the earlier type it will still actually fit, but just has some design change.