1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

door card material quick question

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by mike-y90, Mar 21, 2013.

1. mike-y90

mike-y90 Member

Im thinking about getting an a3, really im after a sport with leather but I see alot of cheap SE with wood trim and material seats.

Now I know buying and replacing with leather seats and changing the wood trim to piano or aluminium is easy enough. But I just wanted to know if it is possible to just replace the door card material? As I see lots of leather seats for sale that come with the whole door card. Is this because it a pain to just replace the material of the door card?
  2. Digzz

Digzz "Started From The Bottom"

Are you talking about this material bit on the door ?

[​IMG]

If you are I also need to know if this can be taken off.
  3. mike-y90

mike-y90 Member

Yes that's the bit! I believe this is the only difference on the door card if you get leather rather then material. It just seems a bit silly getting a whole new door card when the only difference is a small patch of material
  4. Toxic7862

Toxic7862 New Member

Me too I'd like to know as I have just bought a leather interior for my A3 sport but my door cards are in better condition than the ones supplied, I have had a good look at the cards I got and they look to have the material bit bonded to the rest of the card.... hopefully someone will be along and enlighten us all.
  5. Ash187

Ash187 Audi Retrofitter

There is a way of getting to it but it involves stripping down the whole door card which is a PITA of a job really. much easier to just swap over the whole card when swapping the interior
  6. Digzz

Digzz "Started From The Bottom"

Dame ......I thought it would be a case of unscrewing some screws or something.
  7. mike-y90

mike-y90 Member

Yeah I was hoping this to!