1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door Blades price??

czm Mar 7, 2013

1. czm

czm Member

I have sourced some OEM door blades from a local breakers yard and he is asking £155+VAT for them. Good condition but I am going to ge then prep'd and sprayed up anyways.

Good price or not?

Also anything else I need to know on these before I go ahead?

2. gavsman

gavsman Member

Sounds like a good price, I'm sure someone on here has said that they are over £400 new for the set of 4

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

They're a £100 ish each new and will still need paint.

That's not as much of a bargain as I've seen on here, but it's not a bad price.

Are they S-Line or S4 blades?

4. czm

czm Member

I beleive they are S line ones

Is there a difference? Which are better

5. quattrojames

6. archemist

archemist Active Member VCDS Map User Audi S3 Team Brilliant Black

^ there's some real value on that floor and it ain't the marble;)

7. archemist

It's not that he's obsessed, more just 'wealthy' - has a parquet floor of S4/sline blades y'know...

:undwech:

8. quattrojames

Lol I wish! That's not my picture, look at the Audizine link below it ......!

9. archemist

I knew it isn't yours QJ - your floors are genuine carbon S4/RS4 in herringbone:cool:

(no more i promise, that's a WRAP!)

10. czm

czm Member

Will S line door blades from 2005 facelift A4 saloon fit ok on my 2004 B6 Avant??
    Trying to swing £150 cash for them but want to be sure they are going to fit.

11. quattrojames

Yes they'll be fine.

12. czm

czm Member

Cheers m8 :0

13. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

Not sure about price now, but last time I checked 4 yrs ago, they were £260 for the full set of S-Line blades...

S-Line are a bit smaller and more discreet, but provide a very nice "squat" look...

S4 blades are bigger and usually left in matt black (although it was an option to have them colour coded): they look good on a real S4, but I'm not sure about them on regular A4's... bonus is they usually don't need spraying :)

14. czm

czm Member

Ok got the Sline ones form him £150 cash!!

Need to get them sprayed up but pretty pleased with that price for OEM parts.

15. T0m

T0m Active Member

Sorry to hijack your post mate, i tried to take one of mine off the other day out of interest as I was replacing my winder mechanism thought Id see if I could get it off, up did the screw and mind wouldnt budge well and truly stuck on anyone got any tips on prising them off?

I know they should slide off but I presume as they have been on the car since new and are probably full of gunk its going to be one of those where a bit of elbow greace is needed eh?