1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door Ajar but Not

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by A44NI, Oct 25, 2006.

1. A44NI

A44NI Blowin Out Black

[Oct 25, 2006]
    This morning the door ajar indicator on my 2001 TDI 130 stayed on and the interior light stayed on.
    The door is definitely closed and I tried to locate the sensor for the door but cannot.
    Recently the speakers have been working sporadically.

Anyone any ideas??

Cheers

John
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Oct 27, 2006]
    Sounds like the wiring loom between the door and the rest of the car. Check between the door and body to see if anything is loose or maybe even damaged.
  4. A44NI

A44NI Blowin Out Black

[Oct 31, 2006]
    Going to get my mate who's a car spark to have a look at it and see if it can be repaired. If not has anyone an idea of how much a loom for the door should cost £60 + vat has been mentioned...
  5. Booth_S4

Booth_S4 Riding on V8 power

[Oct 31, 2006]
    I had the same on my s3 a week or so ago! never happened before then randomly started, slammed the door a few times and it hasnt happened since!
  6. A44NI

A44NI Blowin Out Black

[Nov 4, 2006]
    Mine did exactly the same thing but its like most problems on a car that fix themselves, they are not really properly fixed and will raise their ugly head again.
    The light is on permanently now.
  7. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

[Nov 6, 2006]
    its definatley your wiring between door/pillar, it happened to me but in my case,drivers side electric window+window switch lights failed-wiring was the culprit! yes around 65+vat probably best just clamp it together,more than likely only one wire anyway,when ya come across a secondhand one-grab it!:sm4:
  8. Marko

Marko Member

[Nov 10, 2006]
    I've had dodgy speakers too. The sound crackles when the drivers door is opened... always! OK when closed. This has affected so many Audis!!
  9. A44NI

A44NI Blowin Out Black

[Nov 19, 2006]
    Well have the problem fixed temporarily. The wiring in the door was fine. It was actually a microswitch connected to the circuit board within the door lock internals. My mate fixed the problem with a small piece of insulating tape over one of the microswitches after spending 5 hours stripping the door and the dismantling the door lock mechanism (not an easy job) to trace the problem back to there. Speakers must have been a loose connection and unrelated problem because they are fine now... Happy Days
  10. LaSarthe&Back

LaSarthe&Back Member

[Dec 18, 2006]
    How can a door be a jar??? :wacko: :wacko: :laugh: :laugh: