Doogies Phantom Black S3.......progress thread.

I was using NOS as a example of it running out that was all mate lol! Not a comparison between the two Alex I am sure understood what I meant even though sometimes I don't lol!!

I was using NOS as a example of it running out that was all mate lol! Not a comparison between the two Alex I am sure understood what I meant even though sometimes I don't lol!!

I knew what you were getting at!

NOS always makes me think of the Fast and Furious....."I need NOS....I gotta have more NOS"

I knew what you were getting at!

NOS always makes me think of the Fast and Furious....."I need NOS....I gotta have more NOS"

"Street's closed pizza boy, find another way home"

Reactions: S3_Jacko and S3Alex
I have every faith in the car making the same power without the WMI. Its been proven by Simon at TTE that the TTE-420 makes 400hp+ and 420ft lbs+ without the WMI. But the WMI helps to increase that figure and take a bit more of advantage of the set-up helping it to achieve higher figures.

If you take a look at some of the figures made with identical set-ups that Simon has uploaded, you'll see that 400+ is more than achievable and some are seeing 440 ft lbs which is a huge increase over stage 2+.

I'm looking at the WMI as I hope this will increase the power and the power delivery accross the board. I'm still unsure about whether to tune it for the set-up, i.e. have the timing altered but I am looking to install it to decrease intake temps and hopefully boost the octan rating. Once I have fail safes in place. I will more than likely alter timing to see the full 420hp figure and max torque output safe fr these engines.

Its not like its a neccessity to achieve 400+. At the end of the day it has been proven to see over this number without WMI. But every little helps.

My car is already running 375hp and 385 ft lbs so increases with just the turbo is going to be easy. I can't see into the future, but i'd hope to make around 410hp and 430 ft lbs based on what every other car is making. At the end of the day. the WMI doesn't have to function on the car. if it runs well without it and is not needed, I can always take it off but i've been advised to get it with this set-up which is why I have.

Reactions: TTE Si, grchmason and S3Alex
Thanks mate, yeah. Im excited for it too.

The way I see the wmi is; everyone with this turbo without wmi is making average 400hp, 420ft lbs. Hopefully the wmi will boost the peak figures so that it can make its quoted 420hp and 430+ft lbs and overall improve every aspect of the driveability and power delivery across the board.

In other news, The turbo has arrived!!

I'll post pics early next week.

Reactions: grchmason
Whats the chances of this being built for a week tomorrow..

I'm dying to see what this will be like... Regardless i'm watching with interest and get a good chat with you about it next week if you come along :)

Reactions: Doogie...
Not the greatest of chances. Still got a few bits to get.

Definetely coming next week so can get a good blether about it to you Jack and the guys on the run.

Reactions: S3_Jacko and grchmason
don't know if your in the market right now but guys selling a wmi kit at the moment
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88852.0.html

Had a look mate, Thanks for passing this on, its appreciated.

I've already got a kit in mind and Mark is going to supply it as it comes with all the key parts I need aswell as more (throttle pipe, Solenoid for stopping gravity flow etc) Parts I will need as I will be mounting my WMI tank in the boot along with the pump, and so will need the solenoid to stop the mix flowing in to the engine as the tank will be mounted higher than the point of entry for the WMI. Plus the option to fail safe it if I do decide to have it tuned for it and increase the timing etc.

Here's where mine was fitted.....

The pump is hidden in the unused battery compartment,and the controller in the ashtray area....

AEM's current controller is bigger and wouldn't fit in this.

Here's where mine was fitted.....

The pump is hidden in the unused battery compartment,and the controller in the ashtray area....

AEM's current controller is bigger and wouldn't fit in this.

Did you find it relatively easy to fit Alex?

Did you find it relatively easy to fit Alex?

I found it insanely easy...LOL

AMD did the work,and hid all of the piping and wiring runs,but it's not something that a competent guy with a bit of time couldn't do.....I have neither!

You do need a boost feed,and we used the Forge one from their catch can kit....

Yeah, I was looking at that or the APR boost tap for that purpose as I was aware it was a requirement, Plus it will come in handy for future use when i install a boost gauge.

Yeah, I was looking at that or the APR boost tap for that purpose as I was aware it was a requirement, Plus it will come in handy for future use when i install a boost gauge.

Either will do the required job.

This was left over after the camcover and manifold and is the only bit left.

I found it insanely easy...LOL

AMD did the work,and hid all of the piping and wiring runs,but it's not something that a competent guy with a bit of time couldn't do.....I have neither!

You do need a boost feed,and we used the Forge one from their catch can kit....

What intake is this?

I think you'll enjoy that.

Just make sure it doesn't make you want even more!

Reactions: TTE Si
Yeah... I think this will be the end of the road for the car in relation to go faster bits.

Might get a few extra bits and bobs as I go but from here on in it will be styling mods, braking mods and functional mods for the rest of the endurance.

i'll keep you all updated.

Reactions: Mario8P, RedDejavu and Compkiler
Little update,

Everything for the turbo build is either here or on its way.. The guy I'm getting to fit it won't be available till after the 28th December as he is away for Xmas which is a bit of a bummer as I was aiming to have it done before xmas but i'll just have to have patience.

I'm going to take a stab at fitting the WMI kit and throttle/ charge pipes so will keep the thread well informed with pictures and details of that plan, aswell as fitting of a boost gauge.

Here is what the car has had done to it recently:

15mm spacers on the rear and 12mm on the front, massively improve the look and "stance" of the car. Big thanks to Jacko on that little bargain.

Before (stock offset)

20141126_150405 by Ya Beast......, on Flickr
20141126_150435 by Ya Beast......, on Flickr
20141126_150447 by Ya Beast......, on Flickr

After, with new offset. Excuse the arch gap, hadn't drove the car to let the suspension settle again, and the mud.

20141129_154158 by Ya Beast......, on Flickr
20141129_154206 by Ya Beast......, on Flickr
20141129_154213 by Ya Beast......, on Flickr

I'll get some better pictures when the weather stops being a problem.

Reactions: S3_Jacko
looks good had thought about doing the same but the missus has kerbed my wheels so sticking them nearer might not be a good idea lol.

haha, Yeah maybe not... I'm happy with how they look. I feel as if they have rounded off the exterior and gave it a nicer look on the road.

Get them and just tell them missus to be more careful. ha.

Awesome work mate and love every update.............I'm sure the wait for the turbo fitment will be well worth it

Nice mate :) Look forward to seeing this!

all the best with the new turbo mate, i'll be hanging on for the update in the new year...

You got some balls Doogie
Lovely piece of art you got there! From the car to the TTE turbo.
Best of luck on the wait (I wouldn't be able to wait that long)

All the best with your build. Will be looking closely

Thanks lads!! Yeah i'm excited that everything is in place now.. From the research i've done and the people i've spoken to, it should be a very fun car to own (not that it isn't already) and drive.

Going to get it on track next year and see what times I can get up the strip too, aswell as attending every show and meet with it... Will be a good year.

Very small update... The turbo is going on at the very end of the year so makes a nice late xmas early new year present..

Methanol arrived the other day... £19.99 for 20L, not bad and £3.99 for 5L of de-ionised water. Still need to mix it up. Boost gauge is also here.

20141213_140649 by Ya Beast......, on Flickr

And heres a nice de-frosty beadage pic

20141203_104415 by Ya Beast......, on Flickr

Unfortunately still waiting on the WMI kit........ 2 Weeks. Been tracking it on USPS website and it says it is being held awaiting customs fee to be paid, but that was on on Wednesday morning and still not heard anything about it. How do customs notify you? Every other time i've bought stuff from the states thats had a customs fee, it's been paid at the door when the courier drops off the package. Getting impatient though as its holding me back in gettting everything fitted as I only have a limited amount of time before now and fitting/mapping time to ge the kit on due to working over the xmas period..

Was meant to be done and dusted this week.

Reactions: Mario8P
Vent mount the boost gauge Doug.. need a hand give me a shout.

htvk.jpg
2wmy.jpg

Reactions: Dan-Jnr and smurfworth
I'm not I'm down south and yes Osir vent mount - you will need to do a bit of dremel work its not too hard though. Vent need deconstructing and grooves made in silver bezel it to fit the osir vent mount into so you have flush and OEM looking. There is a guide on VAGOC but if you need pictures of what i mean I can strip it down real quick and take photos. I used the bonnet release grommet to get through the bulkhead that's probably the hardest part.. took a while with a coat hanger to get that done.