DONT WASH YOUR CAR FOR NEXT FEW DAYS !ACTUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

theviking

Reaction score
If you love your pride and joy dont was it this week end or next few days the VOLCANIC *** is on most cars and will be the same as washing it with a BRILLO PAD HONEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got this of professor at lancaster uni who loves vw and audis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thats sort of a week too late isn't it besides if you use a pressure washer to remove the loose particles then it will not matter

i tel u what next time i get any info ill keep 2 my self yes a pressure washer will work but not everyone has one !!!!!:puke:

Have been told teh same thing myself from a few good sources. You really need to pressure wash the car off first without a brush or sponge before washing it normally.

Theviking- Don't get arsy and please try not to use text speak. I think what Vorhees is trying to say is as long as you rinse the car first wether it be with pressure washer or hose or bucket, it should be fine.

fully inderstand only trying to help not being arsy this is y peole gets txts and take the hump cause they dont know what they mean in irst place thanks for info :zen:

News just in, If you car gets mud/dirt/salt on it, wash it off first with a hose or pressure washer before using a sponge!

talk about stating the obvious...............

I having mine cleaned tomorrow the seat aint been cleaned since the car was made by the look of them by a mobile cleaner. The viking cheers for the heads up butty

also dont use anti freezzzzz in your washer bottle in winter dispite what people say i know someone who did cause they thought it wood de ice the windows te he muppets

Well apprently (and im not too sure on this) if you wash your car with quite abit of volcanic ash on it, the water will mix with the ash to create cement which will take AGESSS to take off. Small amounts of ash should be gently removed without the use of hot water apparently. Im sure Polished Bliss will post letting us know! :)

P.S correct me if im wrong. This is what my chemistry lecturer told me.

I washed my car many times since the "eruption" happened. I've got a snow foam lance and a karcher. Megs snowfoam makes light work of the ash. Then I jetwash again before my mitt goes anywhere near it(very funny about it after spending 11 hours polishing by hand-dont want swirl marks)!

ive also heard this,and a paint job could be needed if not removed propely..so definatley get a jet wash on it first or plenty of buckets to loosen the crap,but relief for the people who havent got round to it yet it`s raining well in north london anyway.:yahoo:

mine's not due for another wash until Jan 2011 now.......should have come off by then with a few blasts down a wet motorway!

l was planning pressure wash mine today but its raining. looks like l will be driving around with cement on mine for the next week.

Instead of actually handwashing, just jetwash it for next couple, still removes all loose crap and u wont be rubbing it into paintwork until its gone.

As for cement, doubt that as its been floating through different weather systems at different pressures etc, so more or less harmful dust that needs blown off before sponging the paintwork. No different to when you park next to a dusty building site etc for some time.

my car was seriously clean last weekend, then the dust came down and left me with a light sprinkling all over. wasnt that noticable until it rained yesterday and the dust has pooled here and then

gonna hose the car down and itll be fine

i just washed mine using a watering can and a sponge. nothing happened to my paint work and the car was covered with the ash.