Don't go hunting wabbits...

666markyboy

Reaction score
I did a couple of weeks back on the motorway and made a right mess.... however all is sorted now...

Finally finished fixing the damage done by bugsy today.... whilst at first looking quite minimal it had actually done quite a bit of damage...
DSC00278.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

Whilst i was at it i decided to have a crack at the peeling laquer on my front wings.... i knew the car had had front end work from when i bought her but on closer inspection i didn't realise just how bad the laquer coat was... you can see here above the peeling just how horrid it was.. orange peel i think it the term..
DSC00286.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

I set about it with a piece of soft plastic... scraping the loose stuff away and really started to panic as it was coming off in buckets loads...
DSC00289.jpg

Once happy i had got rid of all the crappy stuff i flatted it all down with some 1200 wet and dry and plenty of soap...
DSC00291.jpg

You'l have to wait for the money shots but i then gave it about 3 coats of my Wurth Laquer left over from the mirrors... left if 24 hours and then buffed it with my rotary using the Megs 3 step and a little Tcut just before..... i have to say i'm really pleased.. i think i can honestly say unless your a complete profesional in the field you would never know what iv'e done... i'm really chuffed with the results and i'll get some finished pics up at weekend..... in the meantime here's the front bumper all fixed.... excuse the water... i was attempting to be all arty with my shots lol.... and i'm no photographer... :roll:
DSCN1496.jpg

DSCN1498.jpg

DSCN1499.jpg

DSCN1491_001.jpg

DSCN1494_001.jpg