Dont EVER arm wrestle, especially when drunk!

a3_dan

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought i would share with you all what I done a few months back now, I was out with mates having a few too many when my mates all started arm wrestling, i was just merely looking on and by all means was never interested in looking 'macho' and couldnt care less about arm wrestling, its just not my kinda thing to be honest. Anyways, after loads of abuse, i caved in, and went to arm wrestle a mate. I was leaning on a wooden table, wearing a long sleeve shirt, i was just about to pin my mates arm down to the table, when all of a sudden my arm slipped on the polished wood surface and......SNAP!!!

You guessed it, my arm snapped completely in half!!! The humerus bone to be exact (thats the bone your bicep/tricep sits on). My arm was like a fish out of water, flopping and swinging all other the place, and trust me, was the most painful experience I have ever known of!

Anyways, after going to A+E and spending a couple of nights in the hosptal, i had surgery, 5 hours under the knife, i had a metal bar fitted and then 8 or 9 bolts to hold it in place.

I lost all mobilityin my arm for 2-3 months, have only recently got it back an still have nerve trouble in my fingers and numbness in my arm still.

Moral of this, please NEVER arm wrestle!! I thought i would just let you guys know, I never knew this could be possible, but apparently it is very common (check the vids on youtube, there horrble!)

I will try and upload the xray pic of my arm with the metal fitted.

Dan

IMG_0003.jpg

WTF!!!!!

You pu55y!!!

LOL...only messing mate, that is shocking, flippin heck, that is some scary a55 stuff!!!

Hope you are well on the road to recovery and all goes well for you, crazy man!!!

Thumb wars FTW :)

& for my next trick, lmao, thats unlucky huh, never hear of that before

WTF!!!!!

You pu55y!!!

LOL...only messing mate, that is shocking, flippin heck, that is some scary a55 stuff!!!

Hope you are well on the road to recovery and all goes well for you, crazy man!!!

Thumb wars FTW :)

HAHA - I dont think i will ever live this down with my mates!

Im doing much better now thanks mate, just so glad i can now drive again! And that i can actually move my arm again, i almost have full range of motion back! Still flippin painful though!

& for my next trick, lmao, thats unlucky huh, never hear of that before

I had never heard of this before either, but upon searching the net for others who might have done the same, i found theres loads of people that have done it, like i said in my previous post, theres vids of people doing this on you tube, brings shivers down my spine every time I watch one!

I guess so, if walking away with a broken arm still constitutes as a win? :shrug:

Possibly not, but you'll be a dead cert for the next round with your new metal reinforced bionic arm ;)

Yep.
Years ago I used to arm wrestle anybody. After a night on the beer, we used to go to a pizza place in town, and then arm-wrestle on one of those plastic bins outside on the pavement at 2am. I'd developed a reputation and guys used to be waiting for me. I never lost, but I stopped after a blokes arm dislocated itself from his shoulder when I was against him. Not pleasant. I went to A&E with him, and the docs there said they'd seen guys arms snap.

Hope it's fully repaired soon mate, is the metal staying in forever, or does it get taken out eventually?

Possibly not, but you'll be a dead cert for the next round with your new metal reinforced bionic arm ;)

Yeah we can call him the T1000.Dont think you will be losing again anytime soon.

HAHA T1000, that could grow on me. But believe me, I will NEVER arm wrestle again! And i dont think anyone i know will ever try it again after what i went through!

Yep.
Years ago I used to arm wrestle anybody. After a night on the beer, we used to go to a pizza place in town, and then arm-wrestle on one of those plastic bins outside on the pavement at 2am. I'd developed a reputation and guys used to be waiting for me. I never lost, but I stopped after a blokes arm dislocated itself from his shoulder when I was against him. Not pleasant. I went to A&E with him, and the docs there said they'd seen guys arms snap.

Hope it's fully repaired soon mate, is the metal staying in forever, or does it get taken out eventually?

Cheers mate, They did say I could have it taken out in 3 years time, but I opted to keep it for good. Due to there being a main nerve that runs along where my break was, it made surgery very complicated and i could have come out of surgery with little or no feelings in my arm and hand. I was lucky, all went well, and fingers are slowly starting to feel better again. Just dont want all this hassle and threat of damage to my nerves if they were to try and remove the metal later on down the line.

You could have a mad laugh in the airports now going through the metal detectors.....just make sure you tell them before they go down the 'internal' examination route ;)

now thats no1 on my things not to do when drunk list