Donnington Track days

Simon

Reaction score
Donnington are still doing their 'winter special' track days.

Every sunday from Jan 19 to Feb 16 it is just £75 per car with additional drivers only £20 each! It is an open pit lane format so get as much track time as your tires can stand!!

It is a superb circuit and well worth a drive!

Simon

Sounds great value - Is there anyone else interested?

I am certainly going to be there at least one of those weekends - but will be in my Peugeot.

not sure which one yet BUt I'll post here when I decide.

Simon

Let me know, I'm away from the 25th Jan to 9th Feb though so if I go it will be the following weekend.

Good practice for the Audi day at Donnington later in February.

I saw clips of one of these "open format" days on a poist on Scoobynet, and it looked a nightmare - track was really busy and lots of dodgy driving - I would wait for a bookatrack day...

A bit like the Audi Driver Trackday then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You are not the first to mention that actually, but then look at your average scooby driver! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I attended one in december and it was fine, I think it may well depend on who is there on the day.

Simon

I have to say from that, there seemed to be a fair amount of idiots there that day.

Still I'd rather pay £75 and risk a few idiots that the normal £150+ and risk a few idiots /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mind you after watching those vids it does occur to me that the MX5 driver was out of his depth and maybee was the cause of some of those problems.

Simon

what do you mean they don't adhere to british track day rules?

I will be there on the 9th for definate.

Simon

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno about whther they do or not but rules generally are:

Overtaking on left only and with consent (ie you move over and let someone past)and no overtaking in braking areas.

Too busy to be safe I reckon.

Not much fun either. You want at least a few corners to yourself at a time (i.e. with no-one close infront or behind).

The best trackdays are the ones with limited numbers and open pit lane because you can run when you want and for as long as you want.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno about whther they do or not but rules generally are:

Overtaking on left only and with consent (ie you move over and let someone past)and no overtaking in braking areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what they say in the briefing, and in all honesty when I was there in december that is what was happening so I can't comment on the Marshalling when it doesn't happen.

we shall see - I will be there on the 9th at the very least, and if it is a bit crap then I will have only wasted £75 rather than £150+

Simon

From the videos it does look a bit 'busy' but you're right, if it gets mad then don't go out - all down to timing anyway.