1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DONE SOME MODS, IS THIS SAFE?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Ibzzzzz, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Ibzzzzz

Ibzzzzz Member

I have an old 97 a3 1.8 20v sport without bose. I changed the head unit to a pioneer bluetooth head unit (which i must say is a great unit) what i did was change the back speakers to pioneer 13cm i made adaptors for them to fit, that is fine however the question i ask is....are those speaker fine to run off the standard amp that runs the back speakers?
    also i disconnected the standard nokia subwoofer and am running an independant jl audio setup. Is this safe or will this end in a catastrophy?

Thanks for any help in advance.
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Safe in what respect? It won't endanger life but will be badly compromised by the limitations of the 2 x 20w rear amp. Just rewire the rears directly to the HU to get a better result. The Pioneer will have at least twice the power onboard so it makes no sense to use the rear amp.
  3. Ibzzzzz

Ibzzzzz Member

oh i just could not be bothered to deal with the hassle of doing that but if you say it will sound better then that hassle ill have to endure! cheers andy! :thumbsup:
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's not too much hassle, you can pick up the feed to the speakers from the plug going to the sub, so you don't have to take the panels off again.
    [​IMG]