Doh - my first scratch(es)

mark88

Reaction score
I'm so annoyed at my self. I backed into a fence post this afternoon.

What makes matters worse is I have parking sensors, the problem was I was going too fast and thought to myself 'I don't need to look back, the sensors will tell me when I'm close to the wall'.....I'm such an idiot.

Two lines of scratches on the back bumper. Anything I can do? I've tried scratch X which improved it a little but wasn't exactly sure how long I should spend rubbing the stuff in.

scratch.jpg

Have those 2 vertical scratches gone right through the paint? It looks like they have in the pictures!

If so get one of the local repair people to come out and respray the effected area - Claire had a slight incident with her front bumper and a post (to give her some credit it was the night we where packing up the house to move the next day and she is 5 months pregnant) I got a local guy to com and repair it - £65 cash and the job's a good un.

Scratch X is ok but is really quite abrasive and this shows up on a black car! To get rid of the fine scracthes it has made you'll need some elbox greese and polish. The marks will show up as a hazing in the paint!

J.

I think the pictures make it look worse than it actually is. The top two marks might have gone right through but the scratches get lighter the further you go down.

I've also noticed about 4 tiny stone chips on the front spoiler, I guess once you start looking....

Regarding a repairer, I have no idea who to go for. Is there a national company that can be recommended?

chipsaway did my alloy and scratches on my front wing!

I know the guy in Notts now quite well because of the above incidents let me know if you need his number, but i'm sure there will be someone closer.

Homepage

Chips away did a wing scrape on my old Lexus, top job and I mean invisible repair

Yep, I've seen Chips Away's work first hand and what they do is very impressive. I saw an E-Class estate with key damage along the driver's side from bumper to bumper, and after the guy had spent the best part of a day on it, you just couldn't see the damage. Recommended.

Hi Mark,

I'm in the same boat as you, except my daughters friend ran into the passenger door on her push bike........not too happy I can tell you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif.

Has anyone use chipsaway in west yorks as from what I can gather the quality of work can differ dependent on the guy doing the job.

Your help would be very welcome!

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Mark,

I'm in the same boat as you, except my daughters friend ran into the passenger door on her push bike........not too happy I can tell you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif.

Has anyone use chipsaway in west yorks as from what I can gather the quality of work can differ dependent on the guy doing the job.

Your help would be very welcome!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as though we're both in West Yorkshire, maybe you can try out chipsaway first then let me know how good they are ;-)

Nice try!!!

Ive put a thread on the Mx-5 forum as my wife has a hairdressers car...maybe someone there will know!!!!