1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogbone Polyflex Bushes

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by willh92, Aug 26, 2014.

1. willh92

willh92 Member

[Aug 26, 2014]
    Hi all,

Probably been covered before i'm sure but where do people buy the Polyflex bushes for the dog bone engine mount from, off of ebay or a specific website?

When changing it, do you have to stick a jack under the engine or simply unbolt it and swap the bushes over?

Cheers

Will
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. CMcKenzie

CMcKenzie It's supposed to do that..

[Aug 26, 2014]
    I got mine from C&R Enterprises off eBay. I went for the Black Series 'cos I'm not a fanny :lick:

I jacked up the gearbox with a bit of wood on the jack, it helps with getting the bolts in and out.
  4. Jeriho

Jeriho New Member

[Aug 26, 2014]
    Got mine off eBay as well. Went for the red one i have a daily runner.

And no didn't do any jacking just put the car on the lift and changed the thing.
  5. Nath1790

Nath1790 Member

[Aug 26, 2014]
    Quite a few places - ebay, dpm performance, Awesome gti, psi tuning to name a few. There are different colours of bush which refers to their firmness. Red bush = Tdi bush (softest), Yellow (med), Black which is supposedly racing spec etc. I went for the rear red bush and it's make a positive difference and has no negative impacts so far.

The dogbone has a small circular bush at the front and a 2 part bush at the rear of the mount. You can also buy new mounts with the bushes already installed. I've just had an ecs mount today :)

I've seen somewhere that the engine may drop a little when removing the mount and therefore supporting it will make changing the mount easier.

I think I'm right on this stuff, please correct me if wrong :keule:

Hope this helps.
  6. willh92

willh92 Member

[Aug 26, 2014]
    ok cheers for the help, think i'll get looking for a red mount for both the front and rear!
  7. Nath1790

Nath1790 Member

[Aug 26, 2014]
    Not sure what types the front small bush comes in and I think it can be harder to remove/fit. The rear bush should be very easy slide off slide on.

Good luck bud :thumbs up:
    willh92 likes this.
  8. Jeriho

Jeriho New Member

[Aug 27, 2014]
    My engine didn't move when I took it off and it went easy off and on. And there is a diy somewhere in here that explains well how to change the front circular one. Its easy just dril a few holes in the ruber and than use a metal saw to cut the plastic ring. Make shore you don't cut the mount :)