DogBone Mount Bush Replacement

The hardest part for me was trying to put the mount back together with the new forge bushes omg it took me forever!

If I could do it in 30 minutes with a trolley jack, a pair of axle stands and a few wrenches... anyone can do this relatively cheap mod.

Just bought one of these bad boys. Larkspeed is by far the cheapest place to get them. 21.95 all in for the forge dogbone mount. even forge themselves charge 25 all in!!

Think youll find awesomegti is the cheapest for a powerflex, under 20quid.

Postage is always the killer.

You fitted it yet?

How many people on here have changed the dogbone mount?

& is there any real benefit to doing it?

How many people on here have changed the dogbone mount?

& is there any real benefit to doing it?

Ain't got it through yet man. Hopefully be through at somepoint this week and i'll do it at the weekend as i'm working 12 hour shifts till then and have a computer to build too. Darn busyness.

Yeah ive done it , but i changed all the suspention mounts too so its gonna make things a little noisier. But mine is on the standard ride hight too because of issues getting my car up the drive. The car handles fantastic and the dog bone only takes about 20 mins. worth doing if the engine is uprated because it stops the engine moving about.

It's not that it adds so much noise. It adds vibrations. How much vibration depends on whether you fit only the big bushes in the dog bone itself or if you fit the smaller bush that's connected to the gearbox/engine too. Mine came up with some vibrations initially, both at startup but also when going up through the revrange and the gears. Its settled some since installing it. Softened up a little I guess. Or I have gone used to it. Small price to pay for a more "precise" acceleration and smoother gear change...