Dogbone bolt size?

R34nel

Reaction score
can someone tell me what size the bolt is that I need to remove to fit my powerflex insert? I read online that its 21mm but it's baggy as hell on the bolt but I don't have a 20mm so can't try it without buying one

Cheers

I was just under the car I could have checked.
Ill check in the morning and report back if no one else replys beforehand.

IM TAKING my insert out had it in a for a while and its to clunky when u start and in reverse

ok so I did it with a 21 mm spanner but I had to use a long one as it was ****** tight, there's no way I could loosen it using a socket. I fitted the powerflex red which is recommended for diesels (mine is s3) as I didn't want more vibration.

After a road test I'm pleased to report that there is no additional vibration infact there's less, with only oem you could feel that the car was running when at idle and if you have a few revs the car would move slightly, this is now gone and it feels very smooth at idle, whilst driving things feel a little tighter and more direct including throttle input etc but it's nothing dramatic, certainly worth the price tag though, I'd bet in a fwd only application that the benefits would be even better as I don't get wheel hop with the Quattro/Haldex

I'm replacing the whole dogbone mount, audi charge £35 for the whole part.