1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog bone mount

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_velcrobix, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Thinking of getting a powerflex DB mount to replace the OEM one. They seem pretty straight forwards to fit but just wondered how much difference they really make. I've heard they can be a bit harsh untill they bed in a little but does it make a noticable different to throttle response, gear changes ect?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

we'll mine just turned up from Rich, so if you can wait till next week I'll let you know how I get on... think the one I got might have been the ecs tuning one though as it's black not yellow - I wasn't bothered which one, just thought I'd do it at the same time as the wishbone bushes.

4. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

Correct! All your bushes are ECS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The DBM does make a noticeable difference... Give it about 2 weeks to be in fully.

5. god_thats_quick

Thanks Rich, they all arrived yesterday - top service!

I'll be trying to do everything on sunday unless the weather / life gets in the way!

6. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

I too got mine from Rich, and i wouldnt describe it as harsh. You can feel the difference especially when the engine 1st starts there feels like a bigger kick. I felt it improved the 2-3 gear change.

7. Think i'll order one tomorrow then. Cheers for the feedback.

8. HTC

HTC Active Member

I've replaced mine and I wouldn't go back personally. The improved gear changes are worth it alone.

9. god_thats_quick

does anyone know where the guide from powerflex or somewhere else was for fitting, remember seeing it on another (old) thread but can find it anymore?

10. HTC

HTC Active Member

11. god_thats_quick

cheers HTC, that'll do it, just something I was wondering about how the two big bushes come apart and that cleared it up.

12. Well, i ordered a set of powerflex DBM's from AMD on Friday and they turned up today....top service!

Fitted them this afternoon and pleased with the result.

I don't really notice that much more vibration on idle, no where near like i was expecting. Gear changes are noticably smother and throttle seems more responsive.
    I find on pulling away if i dont raise the revs a little more than usual i get a small amount of judder but i think that may get a little better as it beds in. It does however give the impression that the clutch bites alot better when moving off due to the reduced engine movement.
    Glad i decided to change the mount, would recomend it to anyone!