Does your S3 turn heads

My Misano S3 draws a lot more middle-aged comments than I was expecting. After all, it's not a sports car, but an entry-level luxury sedan. But the over 40 crowd seems to like the styling a lot. A few of the car-crazy kids seem impressed by the magazine tests.

VCDS coding for exhaust flaps please.....

Here it is

Exhaust flaps all open

===================
1 – Engine module
Exhaust Flaps deactivate
Byte 9
Bit 2 - Exhaust Flaps installed check box default activated – deactivate it and save as usual.

Reactions: monopole
I may not have an S3, but I've found I get loads more attention in my A3, compared to my old car. People always comment on it, passers by, other cars at traffic lights have commented as well, petrol station attendants, work colleagues etc. I only have the 1.4 CoD but people will always want to race me as well, this never happened in my old car..

Now this is my old car, you can't really get much more in your face, I just wonder whether it's the Audi factor??

Reactions: batch
I desperately wanted Sepang, ended up with Glacier - it is a stunning colour in its own way, because it isn't just "white". Really like it, much the same way as Ford Frozen white which can look amazing.

Reactions: Blackwhite
Now only if l had ticked the Porsche Riviera Blue box.............lol

Reactions: sunscreemer
Here it is

Exhaust flaps all open

===================
1 – Engine module
Exhaust Flaps deactivate
Byte 9
Bit 2 - Exhaust Flaps installed check box default activated – deactivate it and save as usual.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but how do you know they are always open and not always closed after deactivation?

Last edited:
I was driving home the other night and the turn off to the local cop shop was on the route, female officer driving the car and her male colleague were both staring sideways out of the window as I drove past..... luckily they didnt turn around :busted cop:.

Let my dad take it out for a spin he ended up refueling it :yahoo: now bearing in mind he's 45 and has typical male figure, some 22 ish year old lady was hitting on him in the fuel station ahahaha!!:puke:

Reactions: Jassyo06, jaypers777, Dtwm1 and 1 other person
I was driving home the other night and the turn off to the local cop shop was on the route, female officer driving the car and her male colleague were both staring sideways out of the window as I drove past..... luckily they didnt turn around :busted cop:.

Let my dad take it out for a spin he ended up refueling it :yahoo: now bearing in mind he's 45 and has typical male figure, some 22 ish year old lady was hitting on him in the fuel station ahahaha!!:puke:
It's this new "Dad-Bod" thing, us fine specimens are screwed!

Reactions: rikia93
:busted cop:Let my dad take it out for a spin he ended up refueling it :yahoo: now bearing in mind he's 45 and has typical male figure, some 22 ish year old lady was hitting on him in the fuel station ahahaha!!:puke:
I'm 51, and I have to admit that it does draw that kind of attention sometimes. Forget Astons etc.....S3 is clearly a chick magnet for older geezers!!!

Reactions: rikia93, Jassyo06 and terapati
I'm 51, and I have to admit that it does draw that kind of attention sometimes. Forget Astons etc.....S3 is clearly a chick magnet for older geezers!!!

not in this part of the world :haha:

When clean yes a fair bit. When dirty only when its parked up or when over 4k revs do people notice it. The m235i was the same or people would think i stuck an M badge on it (no thats how they are)

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Had a few nice comments about it. But it does look the dogs in red !

Reactions: Psyman79
Speaking on behalf of the A3 8V - you also get a few looks when it's got the latest reg plate, or it's super-clean and the sun is reflecting perfectly. Also depends on the quality of the other cars around you.

If I'm next to a new BMW 4-Series M Sport then forget it...that car blows everything out the water for looks (in my opinion).

I parked in a BP forecourt - night time, bright white lights reflecting off it, latest reg plate - the cashier bloke said it was nice and asked what it's like.

Unfortunately you turn heads in disgust when revving a 1.4. I avoid doing it because it sounds horrible.

IMG 20150522 234644

I get on a daily basis, 'how do you turn your wheels' ha

lol, I must admit you have done a good job on your car...I like it ;)

Here it is

Exhaust flaps all open

===================
1 – Engine module
Exhaust Flaps deactivate
Byte 9

hang on a flippin minute.......:sign omg::sign omg:

How did this nugget slip in here?

There are S3 owners who have been taping up electrical connections on exhausts up and down the country and this nugget of (as yet independantly unverified information), slips into a thread about does your S3 turn heads?????

Apart from a sense of :sign hijacked:, I think this needs a thread of its own!!!! If this is true, there will be a national glut of black nasty electrical tape!!

This turns heads, caught it this morning:

Bright pink!

Pink

Travesty. Whoever owns that should be banned from ever owning an Audi again. You have to be a massive **** to paint/wrap your car pink.

This turns heads, caught it this morning:

Bright pink!

View attachment 59563

Hopefully its a female behind the wheel?but a rather vulgar paint colour on car as large as the Q7,l often used to see a MK2 TT in this colour with a full Exclusive leather interior including the steering wheel it must have cost a small forune?

Hopefully its a female behind the wheel?but a rather vulgar paint colour on car as large as the Q7,l often used to see a MK2 TT in this colour with a full Exclusive leather interior including the steering wheel it must have cost a small forune?
I presume so, will take a look next time to make sure.

Mine did today :) had to drive onto another quay to drop paperwork off on a boat, when i got up to the bridge the captain and chief officer were staring at my car. Made a few comments about how nice it was and suggested that i launch it away so they could see how fast it was. Sadly speed limit was 10mph so wouldn't have been much of a display.

Reactions: Blackwhite and Simon L
It's probably the blandest performance car I have ever owned. It doesn't get a second glance off most people. My TTS and RS used to get lots of heads turning, not the S3.

Reactions: monopole
To be fair I think mine only turns heads because of how young I am, the colour and the exhaust note