1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does your dealer insist on timed service appointments?

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by jet_andy, May 30, 2013.

1. jet_andy

jet_andy Member

[May 30, 2013]
    Had to book the car in to get the rear view mirror sorted, (see separate post) at the dealer where I bought it, Crawley Audi. Never had an Audi before, but at other dealerships (Peugeot last car) I could always drop it off around 8am, and they'd either drop me somewhere or a mate would pick me up.

Crawley Audi do timed appointments, to the minute, and ask you not to come at any other time. For example, the booking for the mirror is 9:46 am on Monday, and when I asked if i could just leave it there around 8am, they asked me not to.

I can see the reasoning behind this - I've stood in many a queue at 8 in the morning - but they also have to be flexible as even if I can get there at that time, I can't necessarily get picked up. Booking a service a week or two in advance would probably be OK - but I needed the mirror fixed pronto.

The first appointement they could give me at half eight, sorry - 8:26 - was Monday the 10th.

Is this an 'Audi' thing?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member

[May 30, 2013]
    Nope not heard of that. I use two different dealers depending on whether it's closer to work or home, and they both allow me to drop the car off first thing and collect whenever its ready. Seems a bit restrictive having such a narrow time slot :uhm:
  4. TreborA4

TreborA4 Active Member

[May 30, 2013]

Same here. I have used two Audi dealers depending on where I am on the day and both are flexible. If a courtesy car was not available they would give me a lift to work and either pick me up or deliver the car back to work later in the day.