1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this sound like a coilpack problem?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by christinho, Apr 19, 2009.

1. christinho

christinho New Member

[Apr 19, 2009]
    Hi,

Tried getting a fault read out from my 97 a3 and for some reason it refuses to connect or is incompatible with OBD2 for some reason, so im playing a guessing game at the moment with an ongoing issue im having...

The car is lumpy at idle and, although it's not always noticeable, a slight dip in power can be felt when accelerating at high speeds. It's most noticeable when the car is starting, it'll sometimes take 2 goes to get it started. It doesnt come and go, a misfire is always there come rain or shine...

My mate suggested it may be a coilpack problem (coolant temp sensor, ht leads and spark plugs all being replaced previously in vain to try and sort it out), just wanted a few more opinions before I go chucking any more money at it.

Does this sound like a coilpack problem to anybody else or is it something else? Any replys are greatly appreciated as im at the end of my tether lol

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. abdus

abdus Top Gear VCDS Map User

[Apr 19, 2009]
    what car is it? engine?

I think you need to run a proper vagcom scan before starting to buy any new items and replacing everything
  4. christinho

christinho New Member

[Apr 19, 2009]
    1.6 AKL engine..

I have tried connecting vagcom and other diagnosis tools from snap on etc. and nothing wants to know for some reason...

:crying: