Does this look right?

RSS-S3

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My mrs VW up which is only 3 months old was sadly rammed, by someone not paying attention to the road.

Anyway its been repaired by a body shop
(rainbow prestige) and after having a look at the repair it doesn't seem quite right.

* the bumper seems to be a patent part and doesn't line up at all with the rear of the car (see photo)

*the parking sensors look like they have been fitted by someone with the roughest hole cutter on the planet, so you can see all the white/ruff cut edge of the plastic bumper. Also they do not look like they are factory fitted now, they look like halfords bob has had a crack at fitting them.

Would anyone agree? Or am I being too fussy!?

IMG 0383
IMG 0234
IMG 0235

I'd be taking it back. At the end of the day your the customer, if your not happy your entitled to take it back.

Assuming VW are like Audi, that rear bumper should have come from the factory pre-drilled for the sensors. Looks to me like they orders the wrong part, preped and painted it, then remembered it should have had sensors, so they drilled after paining.

As for it not fitting, I'd be worried that it's not an OEM bumper :wtf:

Reactions: RSS-S3 and Audi Bairn
I'd be taking it back. At the end of the day your the customer, if your not happy your entitled to take it back.

Assuming VW are like Audi, that rear bumper should have come from the factory pre-drilled for the sensors. Looks to me like they orders the wrong part, preped and painted it, then remembered it should have had sensors, so they drilled after paining.

+1
Totally agree. No way is that acceptable

Reactions: RSS-S3

Thank you! Its going back in this Saturday now to be rammed at them!