1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does this fit?

audi_a3_turbo Aug 22, 2009

1. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

2. marcyp

marcyp Only me

ya that'll fit no proplems its just a copy of the forge 007 iv seen these befor and there good only thing i would do is when you get it change the oil/grease inside it for some high temp teflon type as you can never be too sure what they have used

3. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

okay thats great. where abouts can i get that oil from?

4. marcyp

marcyp Only me

ermm think halfrods do it in the bike bit you only need alittle bit thow shame that you have to buy a hole tube of it but i guess you can always use it when you service it every now and agan or for lube LOL

5. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

are these louder than the standard recirculation valve already fitted to the car? They claim to give 4-5 bhp more, is that a load of ****?
    thanks
    rob :icon_thumright:

6. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

yes aload of ****

7. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

lol okay i thought so, are they slightly louder then?
    thanks
    rob :icon_thumright:

8. lewigiepops

lewigiepops Guest

They loose power with a dump valve just a bi louder u will sound like a chav keep it standard like it was made :) chip remap exhaust filter :)

9. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

ive notice cheap ones sound terrible too, you also need alot of boost to make it sound right

10. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Mine wasnt any louder when I fitted it (Forge 007). Different type of noise but no louder than standard.

It only got louder when my car was mapped and a Forge TIP was fitted. Even now its not that loud.

11. marcyp

marcyp Only me

dont you think your contradicting yourself alittle there plus each to there own. 20v t can be tuned to run a dump valve if you like the sound that much, bit you wonted the best of both world you could get the forge splitter so it can be upto 50% atmospheric dump and 50% recirculating, but imo i love the sound of waste gate chatter :hubbahubba: