Does the Torque App actually work and is it accurate?

Compkiler

Reaction score
Torque app for Android... Is it accurate and how many people have it and have tested it? :)
If its any good, then ill buy the plug for the OBD port.
I wanted to know 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times :)
I wouldnt have thought the torque and bhp is that accurate? or is it?

Infact is this the correct one? Amazon product

Cheers guys!

bhp and torque is calculated. you need to enter your specs, as weight and other things. so i think it's miles away.
but i think it's pretty good for other measures, like maf reading, fuel trims, timing etc.
i've only tried once 100-200 kmh on a slight uphill so can't judge how accurate it is. but again i guess it read obd figures so should be pretty close.

So what is the weight of our cars then? 2007 s3?
Is it worth Getting it then?

Try virtual dyno by brad barnhill, you can feed the logs into it and it does give a realistic figure. I was just a few bhp out from a proper dyno.

Reactions: doctor46goat
Been using it for ages, great and extremely useful. The HP and torque is rubbish because it depends on the vehicle stats being spot on. You can make your own custom pid's, I have my own HP and torque which are calculated from maf instead which gives much better results.

Reactions: dg-1984
Doesn't work fully on my A3 8P 170 but the vcds and a Liquid gauge reads loads more

speaking of which, which one is he most used/best app on android?
And what adapter would i have to get?

Thanks

Torque pro is the best and most used on android, you need a decent ELM 327 OBD2 Bluetooth dongle. If you get a cheapo version expect trouble connecting to the ECU.

Are these things accurate at measuring boost pressure, oil pressure and air/fuel ratio? Would be handy to have rather than a whole load of gauges around the car.

Torque pro is the best and most used on android, you need a decent ELM 327 OBD2 Bluetooth dongle. If you get a cheapo version expect trouble connecting to the ECU.

Buy the app along with dongle and then you need f usb to micro usb adaptor to plug into phone? it doesnt say its bluetooth

I've used torque for ages on my various cars. Saved me tons of money in code reading and the power stuff seems fairly alright. It measures boost well! Certainly can't complain To say I got the app and the dongle for under a tenner.

I use Dash Command on iOS ... It allows you to enter various vehicle details such as tyre size, drive ratios, kerb weight, driver weight, drag coefficient, frontal area and more.

WHat phone are you looking for the app for? Iphone or android?

I can tell you how good the Iphone Apps work with the Bluetooth dongle...
I purchased an ELM327 ODB2 for iphone for £14.95
the 2 apps i have are DASHCOMMAND and ENGINELINK
I use dashcmd as i can have it projected on my Pioneer app radio screen as this is one app thats compatible on App radio which you can use your in dash screen to change screens and guages. works fine but like others say the BHP etc needs to be programmed in correctly with your car weight etc
I have noticed that speedo on my car and the speedo on the app differ around 5-8 miles difference (the speedo is saying im going faster than the app)
Im assuming the Torque app is the same kind of thing ..

Only good thing i can see difference wise is that this one displays any DTC codes which you can read and clear too....
Image3
Image1
Image2

Do you need a bluetooth OBD for apple iphone IOS or WIFI version? can only see WIFI versions on amazon DASHCOMMAND looks good want to give this a go cheers

Mines the WIFI version.. when you get it you just search for the device in your WIFI settings rather than the bluetooth

thought this might be the case cheers, what app do you use?
i use dashcommand as it works in conjunction with my Pioneer App radio.. so i get all the dials on my headunit.
Think the app is around £7 off thr App store. unless your Phone is JB then get it off Appcake

i use dashcommand as it works in conjunction with my Pioneer App radio.. so i get all the dials on my headunit.
Think the app is around £7 off thr App store. unless your Phone is JB then get it off Appcake
No mine isnt JB i take it all the free APPs are not worth bothering with? ive got a samsung galaxy tab obvs on andriod maybe worth using that instead?

I've got the DashCommander app in the current car a Toyota Yaris (only six weeks to Audi). It works well, I did try several before coughing up for DashCommander. I wish I had got it in the first place after numerous fails on other apps. It seems pretty accurate and connects well over WiFi.

Just took a couple of shots for you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426508041654553
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426508054860864
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426508066497662
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426508076487837

I can't read these paramaters with the wifes iphone nor my android with the torque app

A3 8P diesel

Attachments

• 2015-01-15 13.20.06-1.jpg
    2015-01-15 13.20.06-1.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 511
Cheers guys, just bought the JINTO OBD2 ELM327 wifi version from amazon £12, downloaded the Revs app so i'll see how i get on with that

I can't read these paramaters with the wifes iphone nor my android with the torque app

A3 8P diesel
i know mine doesnt do the fuel but gives everything else.. no point in having the app if it doesnt give you the information you want

great thread.

ive got an android phone and can see that DashCommand is available in the android app store.
would i then just need to purchase the Wifi dongle and im good to go??

thanks
Joe

ive searched for the JINTO OBD2 ELM327 wifi on amazon which looks good.
is this the best device out there or are there other dongles to consider?

cheers

ive searched for the JINTO OBD2 ELM327 wifi on amazon which looks good.
is this the best device out there or are there other dongles to consider?

cheers

its the best one i could see for wifi use and its says its compatible with revs, dash command etc amongst others, i will let you know when i get it as its in the post

its the best one i could see for wifi use and its says its compatible with revs, dash command etc amongst others, i will let you know when i get it as its in the post

many thanks!

ur using the app on android right?

cheers,
i was just wondering if there's any wifi compatibility issues with the android app - i guess its all the same anyways.

bump :)

so the wifi dongle arrived today and I went ahead and purchased this dash commander - what a great app hey? all the reading you'd need with great layouts. nice

question:
anyone using this with an S3, and if so, what settings are you using with the app? is there anything specific I need to change so the readings are accurate?

cheers

Can anybody tell me how to get all the different ratios and settings you need to put In to dash commander for an s3?

Is dash command better than the torque app?
I have an iPad and am about to get a galaxy 6 so didn't know which app to get and which device to use??

Few screen shots of Dash Commander in action. Only just set it up as it hadn't been for the new Audi. Set up was really quick, which it wasn't in the old Yaris.
6134905d7ccde8e8e8235fcac8ee6073.jpg
e52ec190f428b361870c2113e018ffcb.jpg
5106b7073b7bf7477a9001d9d2b65102.jpg
dc3302a9ff3e7fb0ca1b80a652863378.jpg
8b904c279be8bdbfef4c18b34d82698e.jpg