1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the S3 rear bumper and valance fit a standard sport?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Gillbo, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Gillbo

Gillbo New Member

At some point my A3 has had a small crack repaired and the rear bumper sprayed. Although they made a good job there is a couple of small over runs in the clearcoat and in certain lights the colour appears slightly out,although it is only barely noticable and only when it is polished. I was planning on changing it anyway and getting an s-line rear bumper but a rear bumper from an 07 plate S3 has come up and I wanted to know would it be a direct fit for my standard sport 170? I am hoping it will be but I wanted to make sure before I went and bought it.
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

As long as its the same as yours, as in 3 or 5dr then rears are straight swap.
  3. Gillbo

Gillbo New Member

Cheers Nigel is £120 a good price for one? It appears to be the full bumper and valance but is there anything else I will need? I want to go along myself and check all the clips are ok and that theres no damage to it. If its all there I'm hoping it should be a fairly simple job of just unbolting the old one to fit it.
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

I cant say what you feel is good money or not, but new are £400-£500 with valance, so with that knowledge, yes its a good price, all comes down to condition at the end of the day.
  5. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

Sounds like an alright price, can't be sure though, got the ebay link? I'll check it out for you.