1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the S3 have this plug?

Defratos Sep 21, 2005

1. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

Hey there guys, just curious I'm installing the diesl geek short shift and was wondering if the a 2002 S3 would have this? http://www.dieselgeek.com/images/DCP_1833.JPG

I haven't checked on my car yet but was wondering if someone knows, cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

you mean the spring loaded button for locking the shaft inplace whilst undoing the nut??????????????

the button by the stamped text 58A

then yes it has.

I fitted a Neuspeed and promply removed it, it was awful.

the nut should be done up to 25nm iirc and a new nut used,. (pence from Audi)

iirc the nut wasnt a "round thread" it was a sort of oval, locking flange nut

i followed instructions on Waks site.

http://www.wak-tt.com/mods/shortshift/shortshift1.htm

3. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

4. HTC

HTC Active Member

butt-plug?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

5. BUTT-PLUG!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Did you watch any of the others? Some of them are funny as hell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

T

6. Defratos

lol thanks Paul, but what problems did you get with playing around with the button (not plug) hehe

7. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

none at all. its a design feature IIRC. just for the removal of that nut and linkage on an otherwise moving pivot

8. Defratos

hummmmm.. ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif lol, I got around to lookin and mine has it, played around with it a lil and got my new shifter in place, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif