1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the moving car lose the paint in an accident?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NEiLS3LK51, Jan 14, 2007.

1. NEiLS3LK51

NEiLS3LK51 Member

My car was hit by another on Friday night and got dented with plenty of silver paint left on it by the other car.
    There is no paint missing from my car.

A woman down the road has the same colour paint missing from the corner of her front bumper, at a very similar height.
    She says she wasn't around that night and her damage was caused by someone hitting her at work.

So my question is in peoples experience does the paint always come off the car that is moving in the accident?
    Or could she be telling the truth and her paint was rubbed off her car whilst it was stationary??
  2. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Sounds very suspect!
  3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I've had someone graze(sp?) my car whilst it was parked up, there was no damage, just a lot of their paint(it was blue) onto my Silver bumper, their car needed a new door panel, I managed to T-cut the blue paint off with no marks on the bumper!
  4. SteveS

SteveS S6 avant

someone scraped my last a4 whilst it was parked at the cinema, it damaged my paint, had to have bumper painted. think its luck of the draw. never found out who did it.
  5. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

The bitch did it.

Can of expanding foam anyone.
  6. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

I understand from talking to people that paint on VAG cars, audi especially, is really hard maybe that has something to do with it.
  7. smitch

smitch Active Member

What for????:think:
  8. icenutter

icenutter Member

As in the paint doesn't scratch as easily. Unlike, for example, Honda paint which is soft.
  9. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

yup that'll be it then
  10. 1210tech

1210tech Four Ring Fanatic

god, i absolutely hate people that do this, i reversed into my neighbours car and there was no one around but at least i had the decency and honesty to bite the bullet and own up. of course i had to pay for the re-spray of the bumper but he let me pay a bit at a time 'cos i was a bit skint when i did it, but i am forever coming back to my motor to find some tosser has dented it by opening their door onto it, or scuffed the bumper as they reverse out of parking spaces!

i think it also showed my nieghbour that i was actually a decent human being (we didn't used to get on when i was a young wipper snapper, the usually stuff of telling us to take our football and f*ck off!) because he gave me his old karcher pressure washer (used but virtually brand new), just turned up on the doorstep and asked me if i wanted it, and then even helped me to put in a outside tap to run it off!!!
  11. NEiLS3LK51

NEiLS3LK51 Member

New door required according to the insurance's approved rip off garrage and I'll be £350 lighter for the excess.
  12. marmite

marmite Counting the Tesco Club points

Sounds like she did it!!
    Is there any paint flakes around your car?

My car got hit on the bumper the first night I had it, parked it on the street instead of the drive way...nice scrape in the morning waiting for me..gutted