1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the bose sound system have....

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_Wicked666, Mar 20, 2005.

1. imported_Wicked666

imported_Wicked666 Guest

[Mar 20, 2005]
    in input at the back for an iPod?

Or can I change the HU and still use the existing bose speakers?

Don't want to start ripping an S3 apart with my own install if I can help it.

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. imported_DeadEye

imported_DeadEye Guest

[Mar 20, 2005]
    You would be surprised how easy it is to install a system in an S3.

Exhanged a few Ideas with Andy MAC and have just finished 1.3Kw install in mine.

Just playing with subs at the moment to get the sound just right!
  4. imported_Wicked666

imported_Wicked666 Guest

[Mar 20, 2005]
    Is much sound deadening needed?

I had to do crazy stuff in the saxo. Had to remove rear wiper to stop the rattling and it sounds really good. How much rattling goes on in the boot? I will be mainly SQ now.
  5. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[Mar 21, 2005]
    well if you are going SQ- you'll need to replace the front speakers and sub (see andymacs stealth sub enclosure) but once you get to that stage you might as well spec a whole a whole system from scratch. so you are gonna need to rip your car apart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  6. imported_Wicked666

imported_Wicked666 Guest

[Mar 21, 2005]
    Will keep existing install in place. Will get new kicks made to mount my speakers as I don't think the doors would be able to handle them. I cound leave the existing sub in boot and build around it. This would involve minimal panel removal as long as not much sound deadening is required.
  7. imported_DeadEye

imported_DeadEye Guest

[Mar 22, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Is much sound deadening needed?

I had to do crazy stuff in the saxo. Had to remove rear wiper to stop the rattling and it sounds really good. How much rattling goes on in the boot? I will be mainly SQ now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought some dynomat but the door skins have a thinner Audi version on anyway. if you think about the frequency range of the speakers that are going in the doors and rear quarters, sound deadening is not neccessary.

I can't hear anything rattling in the boot as the bass is too loud! :)