does the Audi plant shut for summer?

sbarker

Reaction score
I thought there may be planned shut down at some point July or August does anyone know ?

Last year, when I was waiting for my car, I was told by my dealer that the factory shut down for hols. But not sure of any details.

The actual production stops during July and during the shut down time any changes that are necessary for the next model year are made.

There is more than one factory though I guess the one in Hungary closes as well...

I work for GM and all of our factories shut down for 3 weeks over summer, so I'd assume Audi do the same.

So if I have build week 30 that is last week in July do I risk this being delayed further?

The actual production stops during July and during the shut down time any changes that are necessary for the next model year are made.

If the new model year starts from production in week 22, as appears confirmed, then that is the last week in May.

The Audi Forum Ingolstadt website shows the factory tours are closed from 25 May to 5 June 2015 and 3 August to 28 August 2015. Also closed on Bavarian public holidays on May 1, May 14, May 25, June 24, August 15, October 3, November 1, Dec 25 & 26 & 31. This almost certainly means no production on those dates.

So I have build week 30 so week starting 20th July, hope it doesn't go back !!! Do the normally get pulled forward ?

The Audi Forum Ingolstadt website shows the factory tours are closed from 25 May to 5 June 2015 and 3 August to 28 August 2015. Also closed on Bavarian public holidays on May 1, May 14, May 25, June 24, August 15, October 3, November 1, Dec 25 & 26 & 31. This almost certainly means no production on those dates.

The May shutdown is to swap over to the new model year, and will occur across the whole factory network

The annual shutdown will vary slightly from factory to factory but time is used for major line upgrades and general large scale factory maintenance, so while cars are not being built the factory will still be active.

The annual production and allocation of build weeks will take into account the annual shutdowns irrespective of factory.

The reason build week changes is three fold.

1. Supply and demand, that is the overall global order book
2, Part supply issues ,that is supplier A has run into an issue with making component X in the s-tronic gearbox
3. Dealer allocations