does the A4 saloon have fold down rear seats?

remfanuk

Reaction score
does the A4 saloon (and for that matter the A6 saloon)have fold down rear seats please? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Only as an option @ £380.00 across the range.

However, it is included with the Alcantara/leather combination upholstery option @:

£1830.00 - Saloon Std. and SE models
£1330.00 - Saloon Sport models
£950.00 - S4 Saloon model

You can download brochures and current pricelists from Audi's Web Site
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

My A6 does. Not sure if the base models do.

What I like is the fact that the fold down seats are lockable, so a thief can break a window, but won't get to the valuables in the boot. Never seen this before.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
What I like is the fact that the fold down seats are lockable, so a thief can break a window, but won't get to the valuables in the boot. Never seen this before.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not as rare as you might think. Even Vauxhall Vectras have it.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
Hey moderator, how come the V word wasn't censored?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your just an Audi snob !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jdp1962 said:
[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not as rare as you might think. Even Vauxhall Vectras have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what you mean by lockable ... my GSis certainly not with a key! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Audi snob? Moi?
Too damn right, otherwise I'd have bought a Seat. Gotta keep the riff raff out.
I must be going mad, for some bizarre reason I thought this was an Audi forum.
Yep, my A4 locks with my ignition key.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Was'nt questioning your A4 locking with a key... I was questioning the Vectra's folding seat locking with a key !!!

Your not a Jeremy Clarkson fan per chance?

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
I must be going mad, for some bizarre reason I thought this was an Audi forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it?... ******! ...I must be on the wrong site ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:
[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Was'nt questioning your A4 locking with a key... I was questioning the Vectra's folding seat locking with a key !!!

Your not a Jeremy Clarkson fan per chance?

[/ QUOTE ]
At the risk of offending Andymac's sensitive soul by talking Vectra, it's not a key operated mechanism. If I remember rightly, there are two twist-buttons on the back of the seats, inside the boot, which disable/enable the release catches for the folding seats.

[ QUOTE ]
jdp1962 said:
If I remember rightly, there are two twist-buttons on the back of the seats, inside the boot, which disable/enable the release catches for the folding seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just had to go an have a look ... and guess what ? ... you are exactly right! I have had my Vectra (yes, I said it again) GSi - 3 years and never noticed the twist buttons.

Well you learn something every day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Bit late though it goes back tomorrow ... and I can then join Andy as an Audi snob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

ps.

And then, I will be able to give you my truely impartial thoughts on how a Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sport compares with a Vauxhall (there, I said it again!) Vectra GSi! ...

Sorry I am getting a bit giddy now ... less than 12 hours to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

So what have we learned?
Audi does it properly.
V*uxhall puts it in as an afterthought.
Nothing new there. The Audi lockable rear seat development team obviously used up the budget that would have provided a trip setting to the "trip" computer. The clue's in the name, Audi. A trip computer that doesn't compute your trip, unless you remember to reset everything before you set off. I don't really need to know that I've been getting sh*t mpg for the last 79 hours 32 minutes. Those crazy Germans.....

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
So what have we learned?
Audi does it properly.
V*uxhall puts it in as an afterthought.
Nothing new there. The Audi lockable rear seat development team obviously used up the budget that would have provided a trip setting to the "trip" computer. The clue's in the name, Audi. A trip computer that doesn't compute your trip, unless you remember to reset everything before you set off. I don't really need to know that I've been getting sh*t mpg for the last 79 hours 32 minutes. Those crazy Germans.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I must admit I was little mystified by that myself, Andy, a trip computer with no trip. Hmmmmm.... Still, they get most things right, i think we'd agree.

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:
ps.

And then, I will be able to give you my truely impartial thoughts on how a Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sport compares with a Vauxhall (there, I said it again!) Vectra GSi! ...

Sorry I am getting a bit giddy now ... less than 12 hours to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't speak for the new model 3.0 A4, but based on my "old-shape" 2.8 Quattro, and a V6 Vectra CDX (standard 170bhp version, & a lovely engine, BTW) I had some time back, there is no comparison. The Vectra has a more effective climate control system & the 10-speaker hi-fi is better than the standard Audi Concert system, but after that, the Vectra is sh!te all the way, IMHO. The handling & ride are shocking, the interior is badly designed, finished in cheap, shoddy materials (that "wood" is like sucked toffee!) & badly put together. Nice V6 engine apart, I hated it & couldn't wait to get rid. I actually replaced it with an A4 1.8 (non-T) Automatic, whioch was too slow, hence the 2.8 Quattro I know have. The Audi is class on a stick, whichever model you get.

I would agree on the "trip" issue. Stupid isn't it??

Golf's have had a 2 setting trip for years - started big bumper 1990?? i think. setting 1 was a continous setting like in the Audi, setting 2 reset itself if you didn't use the car for a couple of hours!!