1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my car have an AMD chip?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by nojdrof, Nov 3, 2003.

1. nojdrof

nojdrof New Member

[Nov 3, 2003]
    Hello all,

I just bought a 2000 s-2 I took it to Autosports werks in Denver Colorado to have a GIAC chip installed. The drove the car and without opening up the computer said I already must have a chip because it ran so well. A couple days later I opened the computer up to see what chip was in the car. There was nothing obvious except one of the chips had the following on it: AM29f800bb -70se 9952bba hh 1996 AMD. Is this a stock chip or is it an AMD chip? If this is an AMD chip does anybody have any info on it?

Thanks in advance!

2. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 3, 2003]
    I would not have thought so as AmD are new to the states. unless it was shipped over to be chipped, but again, i doubt it. Could be just coincidence!

Rich
  3. AndybS3

AndybS3 Member

[Nov 3, 2003]
    I may be wrong but it is an AMD chip just not the tuning company AMD its AMD electronics i.e. Advanced Micro Devices
  4. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[Nov 3, 2003]
    Correct Andy, you won't beleave the amount of times I've heard folk say they think they've already got an AmD chip..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  5. nojdrof

nojdrof New Member

[Nov 4, 2003]
    Thanks guys that's exactly what I thought. Do any of you have a AmD chip in your cars? If you do what does it look like?

Thanks again.
  6. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[Dec 3, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    nojdrof said:
    Thanks guys that's exactly what I thought. Do any of you have a AmD chip in your cars? If you do what does it look like?

Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]
    The chip itself looks exactly like the original chip, reason? because it is! the software is only changed on the standard chip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif