Does my car have a DPF?

Bing_IRL

Reaction score
Hi guys,

How do I find out if my car has a Diesel Particulate Filter? It's a 2006 model 2.0TDI 140 in an A4.

Cheers,
Bing

Well you would have a light on your dash, lots of dribble in your users manual from Audi about how to drive your car so you don`t damage the DPF and what to do when it is regenerating ie drive slowly as you will have less power.

I think at that age, a UK 140 won't have a DPF.

However if you're not in the UK you might.

Not very helpful I know!

Cheers guys. It's a UK car alright, I've been driving it now for about 3000 km and have seen no lights in the dash to say that there is one. Just wondered when I had to get oil to top up.
One less thing to worry about going wrong I guess :yes:

Hi Guys
To all Diesel users - DPF doesn't exist on 2.0 140 Tdi .
It's got a "can" which look like , but is not - is nothing inside !
Dpf been introduced to Vag cars from 2007 - only 170Bhp , and from 2008 to the rest of models

I hope this will help
Regards

This is a really old post but I wondered if there’s any more detail you can give on this?

I’ve got a 2007 2.0Tdi A4 cab with 140 engine.

Yet the label inside the boot / tyre well says DPF on the label?

I’ve been having some engine warning lights lately but can’t be sure if mine has DPF or not? It has the old red dash dis, not the colour one and I’ve never seen any warning or dash lights that might even look like a dpf label?

Attachments

• 57E5E474-E4C4-468F-B8CC-A3EE9E5364D6.jpeg
    57E5E474-E4C4-468F-B8CC-A3EE9E5364D6.jpeg
    985.7 KB · Views: 482
This is a really old post but I wondered if there’s any more detail you can give on this?

I’ve got a 2007 2.0Tdi A4 cab with 140 engine.

Yet the label inside the boot / tyre well says DPF on the label?

I’ve been having some engine warning lights lately but can’t be sure if mine has DPF or not? It has the old red dash dis, not the colour one and I’ve never seen any warning or dash lights that might even look like a dpf label?

Just check under the car for DPF or pressure sensor or check for ASH value with VCDS or just call Audi :)