Does jet washing remove wax coating?

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a jet washer and was wondering if it removes any wax or glaze coats that I may of applied the week before for example?

Don't fancy waxing the car every week you see.

No mate many waxes tend to cure, effectively bonding with the paint. I'm confident that even products that don't would not be removed by a jetwasher. That said you shouldn't put it up close to your paint anyway, use it from afar. If the pressure catches a stone chip or scuff it could potentially lift the paint.

It's arguably fairly pointless in my opinion unless you're going to use it for snow foaming or washing the arches and underbody.

The jet washer wont remove the wax but most of the chemicals you use to clean the wheels, road dirt and bugs from the vehicle will remove most of the wax, sometimes to the extent that the bodywork will become dull and of a matt finish (depending on the paint used on the vehicle ie. two pack or cellulose)... until you rewax the paintwork where all will become bright and shiny again.

Most of the degreasers/road film removers supplied with jet washers will strip the wax very easily.

No a jet wash will not remove the wax, you should always use the jet wash at an angle to the surface NEVER point it direct at the paint.

ps if your buying a jet wash I recomend snow foam lance / gun to get the most from your cleaning.