1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anyone pay for repair for punctured tyres?

audi_driver Jul 28, 2008

1. audi_driver

audi_driver S LINE

Can someone explain to me why I dont need to pay for a repair for a punctured tyre and sometimes i do? this is at my local garage national tyres and autocare. Just curious

2. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

why wouldnt you pay? With modern low profile tyres and exotic rims it can take 15-20 mins to find & repair a puncture without wrecking the rim. I can only imagine the place does a deal that f you buy a tyre from them they will repair any punctures for the life of the tyre?

or, human error - they forgot to charge you?

3. AUDIA3QS

AUDIA3QS Member

Some Contract Hire companies will use unfair wear & tear as reasons for charge or non charge

4. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

Maybe the one of the fitters thinks you are cute?

5. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

i had a puncture earlier in my back tyres only two weeks old...cost me £6 and took like 20minutes for them to sort it out and for me to be back on the road
    Ashley

6. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

its just how audia3qs said some you have to pay some you dont first time today i had to pay was £6 other times its just been free

7. I'mRonBurgundy?

I'mRonBurgundy? Lets make that kitten purr...

Had a tyre replaced a couple of months back and got free puncture repair for the life of the tyre.

From Audi too which was nice.

8. audi_driver

audi_driver S LINE

Ive always took my tyres there to get repaired and this was the second time they told me to just take the car away, not complaining though!:yahoo: took them half hour too !

9. cliveywolves

cliveywolves Member

I go to a national tyre centre by me, had 3 repairs done now for free and all they say is leave a drink for the lads or make sure you use us when you need a new tyre etc etc, real good service too never more than 30 mins max!

10. Mikey

Mikey Member

ive never paid for a puncture repair, helps that I work next door to a tyre fitters and have a bit of banter with the lads.