Does anyone have VAGtacho in the York area?

Tom_B

Reaction score
I need to sort out another key and I have a fob from the old car that I need to get programmed. I am wondering if any forum members have vag tacho in my area?

thanks,

Tom

Ah, thanks for your reply - I'll need to get a new blade with a new transponder chip - get the blade cut then reprogrammed the transponder chip. Am I right in thinking that I can reprogramme the old remote locking fob using the putting one key in the door and the other on the ignition method?

yes, new cut blade, new transponder programmed with SKC using vagtacho or similar. Then yes you can program the fob with the manual sync procedure. I'm guessing the old & new cars are both 2000, if so then your old fob will be compatible

Reactions: Tom_B
have you fitted a new transponder in the key? you can't program a used transponder from a different car, they're locked

Craig. I beg to differ, I have just used VAG tacho to program a used key transponder from a golf onto a Passat to get it running after the original key was damaged. So it can be done.

If it's any use, I have VAG tacho and will be on holiday near Pocklington from a week Monday.

Thanks Arrkon -I will order up a new blade with a transponder chip just to be sure and it would be great if I could come out and see you to programme the new key.

It seems a bit hit and miss TBH.

I broke a 2.8 Quattro last year, and only having one key for my own car, decided to use the 2.8's key on mine. I got a blade cut, and used vagtacho or VCDS (cant mind which) to program the key using the SKC i extracted previously. My car has immo3, and it all worked fine, reusing the original transponder.

However recently i tried programming a used VW key into a mates bora, and it wouldnt work. Everything looked normal thru the process, but the key simply wouldnt take the coding. Fitted a new transponder and that sorted it.

Perhaps it worked for me because the "used" transponder was from an IMMO2 car?

I still wouldnt want to arrive at a car to reprogram and take that chance, do it once with the right tools imo. If that means a few quid for a chip so be it.

Thats why I am ordering a new blade and the case bit with a new transponder chip. 25 quid all in cant be bad and, as you say, not worth taking a risk on trying to reprogramme an old chip.