Does anyone have the new A3 1.6 TDI Standard with Bose audio or Xenon Plus headlights

rev

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm still waiting for work to finalise our list so that we can actually place an order, but I noticed in the latest brochure that the Bose system is listed as not available on the A3 1.6 TDI Standard? I'd have sworn it was available last month though - do any of you have this combination?

Also the Xenon Plus headlights don't appear to be available on the eco version of the 1.6 TDI yet are on the normal 1.6 TDI - have any of you got that combination either?

Just seems a bit strange they're not making options like the Bose available on what would probably be a popular seller via lease companies for company vehicles?

Thanks in advance

I have the last brochure before it was updated in march and as you say BOSE was available on all models , so it is strange idea to remove the option .:think:

Yeah I thought that too thanks mate - I'd never noticed the small print before that the Technik pack wasn't available on the 1.6 TDI Standard with the manual box so had ordered that which was kicked back and then noticed this today. Glad I wasn't going bonkers about it being available before though!

The configurator says that the Xenon Plus headlights aren't available on the Standard, yet gives you the option of ordering just the Adaptive lights - I'm wondering if something is screwed up.

I'll give Audi a bell tomorrow to see what the score is, have to admit though without those options I've been looking at a 1 Series with the Harmon Kardon pack and Xenons which we can also get and looks quite nice - not sure what to do!

Isn't Bose it part of the Tecknic package for £400? You can have Xenons but on the Standard you have to have Adaptive lights with them which a £1000 option.

EDIT: Sorry just realised that the brochure I have is Dec 09. March 10 is out now so mine is out of date already.

Last edited:
Audi seem to make Xenon Plus headlights only available on the S-line, Black edition and S3 models for some reason better known to themselves. When I ordered my 2009 Sportback I had to have the Adaptive Xenons in order to have any form of Xenon headlights.

For some reason they won't let you have the Technik pack on the 1.6 TDI - before you could add it all on separately but now the brochure says you can't add the Bose system to a 1.6 TDI Standard - seems strange?!

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to see what's going on - hoping I can still get the Bose and Xenons (as part of the Adaptives) - if not I'll probably go with a BMW with the HK & Xenons.

The only thing I could think of is that the margins are much tighter on the 1.6 TDI maybe? That's the only thing that would explain why you can get the packages on a petrol model but not a diesel?