dodo juice supernatural on my S3

Aspen

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Right,

I have bout myslef a DAS-6 polisher, and detailed my missuses 08 TT.

Looks like wet glass, and it's black so you can imagine.

Anyway, my car is now 4 months old, and I think it's time to treat it to some LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE.

I'm going all out today, claying the sh!t out of it first, then I'm going to get rid of all the (if any) swirls. And then it's 3 coats of this ridiculously expensive carnauba wax I bought on a whim, in a moment of ebay weakness! Supposed to be one of the best. dodojuice supernatural.

Has anyone used it? Also I'll stick some pics up tonight.

:kissmyrings:

I'm seeing the Dodo Juice stuff as a tad overpriced at the moment, but I'm prepared to be 'wowed'.

Dude, you spent £95 on a pot of wax? I thought I was pushing the boat out spending £20 odd on some P21s!

Edit: OK, wait, I see there are different size pots now, sorry!

These are mine / hers with supernatural:

Wax isnt too hard, so relatively easy to apply. Just use as little as possible.

Better light than other picture.

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

I have used the super natural, got a panel pot for £15 as I couldn't justify 90 for a big pot.lol Its pretty good, gives a really deep shine and beads water really well. Tbh though I have dodo juice blue velvet too. Didnt see much difference in the two apart from the water beads better with supernatural.

supernatural is possibly the best wax around, yea it is a lot of money, but you get like hundreds of applications. and with most waxes, when your car starts to get dirty the wax effect (beading/sheeting) starts to disappear, whereas you still get great beading with supernatural, i have had supernatural on mine for the last 2 months now, car is ****** dirty but still beading, and then when you do clean it, the dirty comes off so easily! it is worth the money!!

that's what i wnated to hear.

Still working on the laptop at the moment as, well I live in sheffield and as I'm sure everyone that watches the news in teh UK knows. It's been raining. Allot.

Sunsn out now so I'm going to start in a bit.

Pics to follow.

On my wifes TT I used the following.

1). 3M Finess IT, medium pad - speed 4
2). 3M Ultrafina soft pad - speed 2
3). Zymol cleaner wax, by hand
4). 2 coats dodo juice.

honestly i have no life!

4). 2 coats dodo juice.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure you'll see any benefit using the Zymol before the dodo juice. With it having been just polished, there shouldn't be anything to 'clean', so to speak. Mixing the waxes *might* produce a less than perfect finish. :think:

car cleaning is addictive, and 3m stuff is amazing, i have all the 3m pads and cutting compounds, possibly the best stuff around!

when i recently done mine, i clayed the whole car, used 3m ultrafine compound and the 3m finishing pad, dodo juice lime prime, zaino z2 with zfx cure additive, (3 coats) vic wax collectors (1 coat) and supernatural (2 coats)

was stunning, its much better when doing the steps on a darker car as it comes out much better!

that's what i wnated to hear.

Still working on the laptop at the moment as, well I live in sheffield and as I'm sure everyone that watches the news in teh UK knows. It's been raining. Allot.

Sunsn out now so I'm going to start in a bit.

Pics to follow.

4). 2 coats dodo juice.

honestly i have no life!

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure you'll see any benefit using the Zymol before the dodo juice. With it having been just polished, there shouldn't be anything to 'clean', so to speak. Mixing the waxes *might* produce a less than perfect finish. :think:

the zymol has a really nice way of removing the reasidue from the ultrafina, which can sometimes look a bit oily after you've used it. And I'm too lazy to be double checking.

It's a personal thing. And only on black cars.

right, i've had a go, and taken some pics, they are on my phone as the wife has hidden the camera.

As for supernatural. I think you need to aply it inside. I.e. out of the sun, because it's a bit of a mare to get rid of the streaks once the paint gets anywhere near warm!!

(didn't use Zymol on my S3 before you ask. Just clayed it and went to work)

i've forgotten how to upload opnto here? whats the website to post to?

never mind, found my way to phot bucket

the polish is a lot more abrasive than the zymol paint cleaner, it is very fine, its similar to dodo juice lime prime, i think it works wonders, i have just started using chemical guys jet seal, its a bit pricey but christ does it work, two coat on the misses's car ( gun metal grey KA) best thing i have ever used.

a wax will not do anything to the appearance of the car, its all in the prep work, like, clay, polish, clean, seal then wax!

thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I am new to this so it's all good stuff.

One thing I have already learnt is that ice liquid clay is crap. And damages your paint!

I had a go with harley wax. Which, although fairly cheap, did very well, and left a great depth to my paint. Not so good on the TT.

you should go on to cleanyourcar and have a look at their stuff they sell, its all top notch and their service is also top notch. also join detailingworld as there are many people on there who will be very willing to help, i will post some pics of my car up in a bit, just taken some piccies from cleaning car, all i did was clean car and spray some dodo juice red mist on it.!!

foami.jpg
this was while i was cleaning it with some snow foam!

img1442d.jpg

img1441.jpg

img1440.jpg

img1439s.jpg

img1438d.jpg

img1434f.jpg

img1435c.jpg

img1436cds.jpg

img1437x.jpg

as said earlier, all i used was dod red mist, but i have still got supernatural underneath but its slowly wearing away, also used megs endurance tire gel.

what do you use on your wheels?

I have been using standard stuff on mine, and just soap and water on the wifes split rims, but, I'm thinking some kind of citrus formula. Any advice.

Oh I'm on detailing world too!!

A

I use Valet Pro Safe Wheel Cleaner on mine. Its about £9 a litre, but you can dilute it 1:5 if wheels arent too bad. Then Poorboys wheel sealant for protection. (Both smell nice too!)
I find Elitecarcare and Cleanyourcar both good service.

Cheers for all the support chaps! Nice work above, love the afters of the black A3 - cracking finish, made even nicer by decent photos. :icon_thumright:

Cheers mate! (I assume you mean mine?) Its actually Deep Green Pearl.

When we have a sunny day anyway!

:kissmyrings:

Cheers for all the support chaps! Nice work above, love the afters of the black A3 - cracking finish, made even nicer by decent photos. :icon_thumright:

Aspen ill keep an eye out for ya matey........ im south sheff and work in centre

im just testing the durability of the werkstat arcylic and the banana dodo....not considered supernatural yet but will defo be looking into the stuff....keep us posted

Here's some flake pop: (And proof its green!) ;)

IMG_2460.jpg

Aspen ill keep an eye out for ya matey........ im south sheff and work in centre

im just testing the durability of the werkstat arcylic and the banana dodo....not considered supernatural yet but will defo be looking into the stuff....keep us posted

Yeah give me a flash if you see me. And I don't mean if you're stood on the side of the road in your dressinggown either. lol

Think we should do some kind of SY meet (mentioned in another post too).

Have you tried some dodo Red Mist on top of it?, great product and smells good enough to drink :) (not that I have drank it!)