1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy Speaker

Mikebabs1 Jun 11, 2004

1. Mikebabs1

Mikebabs1 Member

The small speaker on the drivers door of my 2001.B6 A4 appears to have a loose connection. The sound keeps coming and going.

Is it relatively easy to get behind it to check the connections, or is it best to take it to a dealer? I've only had the car a few weeks so its still under Audi warranty, but I still prefer to do it myself if its easy.

Cheers

Mike

2. justin_1ss

justin_1ss Member

I am not sure whether this applies to the B6 but i had the same problem with my B5, i re-wired the speakers cleaned them but still no good though as soon as i fitted a new hea unit it worked so if i were you check connections from head unit to speaker.

Justin

3. dstech

dstech Member

There is already a Technical Service Bulletin out for this. Take it to the dealer and they will know what to do. It's a common problem on the B6.

4. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

Hi,
    I have a problem with the small speaker in the rear door behind the driver. It sounds more like the speaker is cracked, and makes a strange vibrating noise on certain notes and during news - particularly during commentry on 5 live. Took it in to the dealer and they changed the speaker, but it is still the same. It only goes away if I turn the bass setting right down to the lowest setting. Is this the same problem in the TSB? I don't think my dealer reads the TSB's!!!!

5. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

Super thanks

6. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Agree with DS. My passenger speaker was 'farting' on bass and was diagnosed as a faulty speaker and changed under warranty as a known problem