Dodgy Speaker

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
The small speaker on the drivers door of my 2001.B6 A4 appears to have a loose connection. The sound keeps coming and going.

Is it relatively easy to get behind it to check the connections, or is it best to take it to a dealer? I've only had the car a few weeks so its still under Audi warranty, but I still prefer to do it myself if its easy.

Cheers

Mike

I am not sure whether this applies to the B6 but i had the same problem with my B5, i re-wired the speakers cleaned them but still no good though as soon as i fitted a new hea unit it worked so if i were you check connections from head unit to speaker.

Justin

Hi,
I have a problem with the small speaker in the rear door behind the driver. It sounds more like the speaker is cracked, and makes a strange vibrating noise on certain notes and during news - particularly during commentry on 5 live. Took it in to the dealer and they changed the speaker, but it is still the same. It only goes away if I turn the bass setting right down to the lowest setting. Is this the same problem in the TSB? I don't think my dealer reads the TSB's!!!!

Agree with DS. My passenger speaker was 'farting' on bass and was diagnosed as a faulty speaker and changed under warranty as a known problem