1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy Speaker

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Mikebabs1, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Mikebabs1

Mikebabs1 Member

[Jun 11, 2004]
    The small speaker on the drivers door of my 2001.B6 A4 appears to have a loose connection. The sound keeps coming and going.

Is it relatively easy to get behind it to check the connections, or is it best to take it to a dealer? I've only had the car a few weeks so its still under Audi warranty, but I still prefer to do it myself if its easy.

Cheers

Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. justin_1ss

justin_1ss Member

[Jun 11, 2004]
    I am not sure whether this applies to the B6 but i had the same problem with my B5, i re-wired the speakers cleaned them but still no good though as soon as i fitted a new hea unit it worked so if i were you check connections from head unit to speaker.

Justin
  4. dstech

dstech Member

[Jun 15, 2004]
    There is already a Technical Service Bulletin out for this. Take it to the dealer and they will know what to do. It's a common problem on the B6.
  5. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Jun 15, 2004]
    Hi,
    I have a problem with the small speaker in the rear door behind the driver. It sounds more like the speaker is cracked, and makes a strange vibrating noise on certain notes and during news - particularly during commentry on 5 live. Took it in to the dealer and they changed the speaker, but it is still the same. It only goes away if I turn the bass setting right down to the lowest setting. Is this the same problem in the TSB? I don't think my dealer reads the TSB's!!!!
  6. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Jun 23, 2004]
    Super thanks
  7. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[Jun 27, 2004]
    Agree with DS. My passenger speaker was 'farting' on bass and was diagnosed as a faulty speaker and changed under warranty as a known problem