1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy Door??

asalhan Jan 27, 2013

1. asalhan

asalhan Member

Hey everyone, I just want to know if anyone else has come across this and what I can do to fix it.

While out shopping I went to open the rear driver side door of my car (2007 A3 2.0 TDi 170) The lights flashed so I assumed that the doors were unlocked. When I went to open the rear door, it wouldn't open. So i had to open the drivers door and then open the rear door from the inside. Later when I got home, I went to lock the door, I normally walk away and look for the lights to flash while I lock the car. The indicators didn't flash. Which I thought was unusual.

When I looked into it, people said that some faulty part in the door can cause this to happen. I've also noticed that when I do manage to open the rear door, the light in the car doesn't come on.

What can be the problem? Has anyone else had this problem? I'm getting a bit frustrated with this now as it has got me thinking that the car might not lock when I lock it. Any help is appreciated.

Ash