1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy central locking.

Big_Dave Oct 12, 2011

1. Big_Dave

Big_Dave Member

It's starting to get a bit annoying now. I can lock / unlock the car by the remote and it will be fine for a day or two before it becomes intermittent and I have to lock / unlock the old fashioned way with the key. Sometimes it will randomly start to work ok again but I just end up reprogramming the fob. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

---

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
  2. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

tried changing the battery ?

3. kay2

kay2 New Member

mines doing exactly the same even with a new battery, dont want to fork out for a new key and it be the same...........

4. Big_Dave

Big_Dave Member

Yeah changed battery on both keys but still the same.

5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Dave I've edited your original post, did you mean to have a map to your door in the same thread as discussing the locking problems with your car?!

6. quattro tony

quattro tony Member

Ive been having lot of problems with mine too, got to the point where i was getting fed up with it, seemed to stop working when i put my key in my pocket. , replaced battery , no difference, scanned it with vcds , kept getting fault key 1 intermittant, One day i decided to open up the remote, give it a little clean and bent the contacts inside for the battery to ensure they are good, put it back together and its been 100% up till now.

7. Big_Dave

Big_Dave Member

Thank you for that!!!! I didn't even notice!!

8. Big_Dave

Big_Dave Member

I shall give that a go tonight! I'm getting the car scanned again tonight as it's running poor so I will see what it comes up with!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
  9. quattrojames

Dave, what are you posting with? Everytime you post your location is posted in your signature!

10. Big_Dave

Big_Dave Member

It's my bloody iPhone! Stupid thing! Think I might of sorted it now!

11. Big_Dave

Big_Dave Member

Yep!

12. quattrojames

:icon_thumright:

13. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

sames happening to me, getting some new batteries for a start tomorow

14. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

mines been a pain in the ass since ive had it so 2 weeks ago ditted new battery and cleaned the metal prongs on the battery holder etc and touch wood been sweet since........ or have i just jinxed myself