Do you know this S3?

rosco11

Reaction score
Just checking if anyone knows of this car, is the previous owner a member on here?

59 plate silver S3 which had lights modded to be driven in Germany (army??). The car was from Manchester area where the work was carried out and was traded in London area around 6 months ago. It was probably also on a private plate. I know of the previous owner but will keep that out of the public domain.

The xenons and rear lenses have been converted back to RHD however the rear wiring has been physically modded to allow fog & reverse to work. I thought this was a coding issue. All is good now - so much for the 114 point check!

Are there any other "surprises"? Dormant remap, upgraded clutch?:whistle2:

I am going on the assumption that it went round the ring and hit Vmax on the autobahn as it would be a shame not to!:applaus:

Do we know of a Silver S3 ?
Well give us a clue like a number plate or a photo......or look on the log book for the previous owner's name..

Do we know of a Silver S3 ?
Well give us a clue like a number plate or a photo......or look on the log book for the previous owner's name..

I would have thought that if he was a regular on here the info in the opening post would have been enough to jog a few memories and I would rather not post too much info but here is some more....

The previous owner was Richard Kay and the reg was KX59 *** but I believe the car to have been on a cherished plate so the reg info is probably useless.

Another question for N8 - Have you supplied Shark stage 2 on a MY10 S3 yet? Any of the common issues like misfire, fueling etc?

TBH Rosco the info supplied is about as useful as a chocolate steering wheel mate :)

There are loads of facelift silver S3's.

As for issues, known changes etc, well asking us about that has no logic as of course it isnt our car and with limited info we wouldnt know whose car it is sorry, but if you want to know the possible things that may affect the car, then if manual then clutch if its been driven hard with remap, dormant map, well only tuner can check what the ecu mapping state is, you buying or bought it?

TBH Rosco the info supplied is about as useful as a chocolate steering wheel mate :)

There are loads of facelift silver S3's.

As for issues, known changes etc, well asking us about that has no logic as of course it isnt our car and with limited info we wouldnt know whose car it is sorry, but if you want to know the possible things that may affect the car, then if manual then clutch if its been driven hard with remap, dormant map, well only tuner can check what the ecu mapping state is, you buying or bought it?

Think you mean chocolate teapot:) Was just looking for a bit of car/owner history and thought this would be a good place to ask.

Clearly the owner was not known on here nor in the Audi community as even with the info posted, particularly the reference to Germany, someone might have remembered.

Might be worth posting the last 3 digits of the registration possibly ? and the first 2 pre fix letters to help identify the owner