do worn track rod ends affect ride height?

snagglerat

Reaction score
Hi people
I've just had a new set of sport shocks fitted that are meant to be 25mm lower front n back, but I've just got it home and the front end is higher than original with the back end looking lower as it should. The garage said it needs new track rod ends but I wouldn't of thought it would make too much of a difference, or would it???
Any help in this would much appreciated!

After you lower a car or fit new shocks and springs its a good idea to have the tracking checked/adjusted, as your TREs are worn they are saying to you get them replaced and have your tracking done :)

iirc Track rod ends are £8 each, for the sake of £20 id get them changed dude

Yeah I did think that but it looks ridiculously high and the back looks a lot lower than before

well, i'm not sure how long i'm meant to let new shocks settle for but it's been 5 days now and they haven't settled down at all. the back end looks just how i wanted but the front end is probably a good inch higher than standard, and considering the new shocks/springs are meant to be 30mm lower than standard i don't think they're gonna go down that much. anyone got any ideas???