1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do detailing companies do paint thickness tests?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by nky_84, Feb 20, 2008.

1. nky_84

nky_84 6th Gear

Im looking to buy some sort of PC for the car (probably a g220?) but i dont fancy paying 400odd quid for a paint gauge gadget! Would like to check everything is ok before i go battering in. Do detailing companies provide this service, if so how much?

cheers

Nick
  2. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Have a look through most of the posts on here and you;ll see that the boys who do it for a living most certainly do

J.
  3. nky_84

nky_84 6th Gear

yeah, i know they do it, but ive only ever seen it done included in a detail. All i want is the paint measured, not a full detail.
  4. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Doh! Sorry should have read your post and not just the title.

I dare say most of them would do it for you. They might want a drink out of it.
  5. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Aye, if local folk come along to us asking for some readings we always help out; it only takes five mins to walk around the car getting a feel for the thickness on various panels, so why not! However, if folk want a more in depth analysis of their paint, we do offer a comprehensive paint inspection service for £95 + VAT, which takes 4+ hours, necessitates the taking of over 1000 readings over the car, and results in a formal 4 page report being issued for future reference. :icon_thumright: