Do cleaning products have a 'shelf life'

clcollins

Reaction score
Hi, I have a some unused cleaning products which are getting on in age, perhaps up to 2 years old. It's all Meguiar's products, Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, Deep Crystal Polish, Gold Class Liquid Wax. Do these products go off over time, are the safe to use, have they lost some of their performance properties, ie should I bin it and buy some new gear?

Thanks in advance.

I stand to be corrected, but I do not think so. A GOOD shake is all that should be needed to get em back like new. Not like petrol with hydrocarbons in it!!

I think unless the manufacturer makes you aware of a shelf life, you should be ok.

Zaino for instance list a set of shelf lifes for their range. 2 years for ZFX, 3 years for other bits, but most of the line having a 5 year shelf life.

LaSarthe&Back said:
I stand to be corrected, but I do not think so. A GOOD shake is all that should be needed to get em back like new. Not like petrol with hydrocarbons in it!!
That's good!, my 10 year old Super Resin Polish should still be good then lol.

As above, of the ranges we sell, only Zymol and Menzerna GmbH products have a shelf life as such, as the former are made using 100% natural ingredients which do tend to go off over time (unless stored in dark, cool conditions, i.e. a fridge), and the latter contain ingredients that are also subject to deterioration over time. As long as most products are stored out of direct sunlight/hot conditions then they should last for many years without deteriorating. :)