Do Brembos fit behind 18" RS6 reps on S3?

Garth_S3

Reaction score
I want some 18" wheels and want the factory look, so probably going for some replicas.
I know Brembos don't fit behind RSTT's without spacers, but do they fit behind the 5 spoke RS6 wheels without spacers?

I can get them behind my 17" Avus, but I just don't like my wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

get the right offset, my brembos just fit inside the rims with et35 look awesome with low clearance B)

[ QUOTE ]
brembos fit behind my 17" standard S3 wheels

[/ QUOTE ]
I know. As I stated in the original post. Brembos do fit behind my standard 17's, but I really don't like them and want some 18's.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
brembos fit behind my 17" standard S3 wheels

[/ QUOTE ]
I know. As I stated in the original post. Brembos do fit behind my standard 17's, but I really don't like them and want some 18's.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry. i have just come back from a hard evening of surfing and am knackered. i should have read the whole post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

I don't remember where I read it, but the spokes on the RS6 style wheel doesn't clear the Brembo GT kit AFAIK, my 19" Porsche doglegs with convex spokes clears the Brembo calipers by about 5mm max, so you really do need quite a lot of room behind the wheels with no spacers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks everyone.

The search for standard(ish) looking wheels continues then....

The S3 looks much better with spacers anyway!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't want to be dull, but how do spacers make the S3 look better? is it because the wheels sit further out making the stance of the wheels match the flared arches?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't want to be dull, but how do spacers make the S3 look better? is it because the wheels sit further out making the stance of the wheels match the flared arches?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!

just a wee caveat (and somebody correct me if i have this wrong) there is a slight downside to spacers causing more wear on bearings? and you need to add in cost of getting/making custom bolts. and you'd have to check whether you can get mcgards in the correct lenght.
Please note this is info i have read on here rather than from personal experience.
but i think its worth stating before you rush out and buy spacers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
just a wee caveat (and somebody correct me if i have this wrong) there is a slight downside to spacers causing more wear on bearings? and you need to add in cost of getting/making custom bolts. and you'd have to check whether you can get mcgards in the correct lenght.
Please note this is info i have read on here rather than from personal experience.
but i think its worth stating before you rush out and buy spacers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the spacers are hubcentric and you dont go too mad I dont think there's any noticeable extra wear on the bearings.

Getting _quality_ (i.e. not Trackstore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif) bolts in custom lengths is nigh on impossible - I just got some long ones and spent a morning with a hacksaw.

A

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the spacers are hubcentric and you dont go too mad I dont think there's any noticeable extra wear on the bearings.

Getting _quality_ (i.e. not Trackstore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif) bolts in custom lengths is nigh on impossible - I just got some long ones and spent a morning with a hacksaw.

A

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got some OE quality bolts for 8mm spacers for a customer from ECS... If there is a shipment coming in anyway the shipping is very cheap and the bolts are too. Performance Alloys are a good place to try for locking bolts...

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with Trackstore matey?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with Trackstore matey?

[/ QUOTE ]

..was warned off their bolts by several people who use their cars on the track - bad experiences of them shearing in such conditions.

Forge dont supply custom bolts in their spacer kits anymore because they couldn't supply bolts of a quality they were happy with- they used to use trackstore from what I'd heard.

A