Do are ECU cope with boost controllers to lower boost..Badger5 maybe?

Andrew@A.L.D

May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.
Reaction score
Website
www.aldevelopments.com
I'm thinking about getting one of these

Gizzmo MS-IBC 3.5 Bar Electronic Boost Controller | eBay

As when the car is done i don't really want to run the full power every day

I will run it at 300 for every day and turn it unto 400 at traffic light drag races lol but will need the full power when something more powerful pulls up

Just want to know if the ecu will go into limp or will i have any problems with them?

Why not fit cruise control and get a multimap? that way you can run different maps depending on your mood.

I've got the same controller in mine although it no pneumatically plumbed in yet, but was on the understanding that it'll be fine in parallel to lower boost ;)

Would you not get a positive boost deviation error though? you running 300bhp on EBC will mean it'll probably be running what say 16-18psi maybe less and if the map is expecting you to boost to over 22.5psi ( for normal power) the sensor limit it'll throw the error. 300mbar which is the stock error allowance is only 4psi so if you run more than 4psi from what the ecu expects the error will trip... It can be adjusted in the map obviously.

Last edited:
Would you not get a positive boost deviation error though? you running 300bhp on EBC will mean it'll probably be running what say 16-18psi maybe less and if the map is expecting you to boost to over 22.5psi ( for normal power) the sensor limit it'll throw the error. 300mbar which is the stock error allowance is only 4psi so if you run more than 4psi from what the ecu expects the error will trip... It can be adjusted in the map obviously.

That can be mapped out...

<tuffty/>

similar to what prawn has done with his then. best speak to him.
he has 2 or 3 settings i believe, one being actuator pressure

Prawns not using his in the end as actuator pressure was still 270bhp iirc so he's just got a switch to disconnect the n75

It was a shame because I bought mine about 2 days before he realised it was not worth doing on his and could have bought his off of him, it might be worth pm'ing him as he might still be looking to sell it ;)

deviations and limp can be inhibited in mapping..
just tell paul you want to use ebc.. so he knows
gizmo has 6 different settings possible does'nt it?

Or can you not run both in parallel as thought the n75 gives a lot smoother part throttle driving then use the ebc to cap top level?