do all a3's indicate low oil?

harvz

Reaction score
Hi just serviced my a3 8pa and wanted to know will it indicate if my oil is low? I did check it regularly after service but still would be reassuring

It doesnt indicate if my wash fluid ect is low as i dont think it has a steering ecu.

It has a full display tho, not just indicator lamps. I have added a pic to show u what i mean
Untitled

The top half of display which is black in pic, is for radio. Bottom half indicates gear change and middle dont do anything on my car just tells me the car needs servicing or which door is open.

The car dont even tell me temperature outside... which i find stupid saying its an audi with a/c and even standard vauxhalls carry this on all models.

Also if i did want to enable outs temp to display or low washer fluid level or mpg indicator would i need to fit a steering ecu? or would i have to fit steering ecu + all sensors?

update: I managed to enable DIS with help from tom and his VCDs. Just need to install a new wiper stalk with functions to control trip comp.
Can any1 advise how to do this? with pics if possible.
I also found out the car has climate control and wanted to add a digital climate control unit and get rid of the analogue one. I also need from someone if they know if this is a straight swap job?

Can't help with your question, but what do you mean by gear change indicator?
Does it tell you when to change up/down at the right time? Thanks

Can't help with your question, but what do you mean by gear change indicator?
Does it tell you when to change up/down at the right time? Thanks

Yeah that's the one... Just to help others without dis and a full display it can be enabled with Vcds!! I had my car 2 years and asked this forum before and had responses of u can't do it.

Anyone know answers to my questions?

You can do anything with a little time money and our friend Google!!
Have fun with your new cc and dis functions :D

Regarding your question, there's a sequence can be activated to cycle through the warning symbols on the dis, try pressing buttons after you first start the car, mines the lleft Bbutton near the clock

You can do anything with a little time money and our friend Google!!
Have fun with your new cc and dis functions :D

Regarding your question, there's a sequence can be activated to cycle through the warning symbols on the dis, try pressing buttons after you first start the car, mines the lleft Bbutton near the clock

Thanks for your help Tom top Guy... Yh I had a fiddle with the trip comp, can't believe my basic car had so many functions that just wasn't enabled :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the help with coding the car all up and enabling cruise control too